WnSoft Forums

Activation key

colin hill

On Friday 17 December, I sent Igor and Wnsoft an email requesting my activation key for my PTE and Video Build.

I explained to Igor that my whole c drive was formatted and windows 7 32 bit was installed. I had back ups of my c drive

and my e drive, so still have the original version 5.6 when I purchased in May 2009. However, the company did not back up my emails,

so lost my copies of emails with the activation keys and order No's. I also had on a disk which I have desperately tried to find, but

cannot.

All that I have, as we all know, when I open my PTE, is the 30 day trial. I sent an email from this version to Wnsoft requesting my keys.

To date I have not heard from them. I have checked my spam mail and junk mail and there is nothing there.

Please could Wnsoft or Igor assist.

Thank you,

Colin Hill

Guest Yachtsman1

On Friday 17 December, I sent Igor and Wnsoft an email requesting my activation key for my PTE and Video Build.

I explained to Igor that my whole c drive was formatted and windows 7 32 bit was installed. I had back ups of my c drive

and my e drive, so still have the original version 5.6 when I purchased in May 2009. However, the company did not back up my emails,

so lost my copies of emails with the activation keys and order No's. I also had on a disk which I have desperately tried to find, but

cannot.

All that I have, as we all know, when I open my PTE, is the 30 day trial. I sent an email from this version to Wnsoft requesting my keys.

To date I have not heard from them. I have checked my spam mail and junk mail and there is nothing there.

Thank you,

Colin Hill

Hi Colin

I assume you have tried KEY FINDER? If you haven't, you can get a copy from Beechbrook, go to the PTE download drop down, It's alphbetical, scroll down to Keyfinder. http://www.beechbrook.com/upload/PTE-English-Disclaimer.htm

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

cannot.

Thank you,

Colin Hill

Hello Colin,

The license key has been sent at the e-mail address which is written in your forum profile.

Kind regards,

Guest Yachtsman1

ERIC

think they wiped the c drive - that is where the registry resides

the way i read it the program proper ver 5.6 is on e drive - not the key

ken

Ken

( I also had on a disk which I have desperately tried to find, but

cannot.)

The reason for my suggestion.

Eric

Yachtsman1.

Thank you Eric for the reply. Ken is right, my registry was wiped out when my c drive was formatted.

As you can see, Alena has sent me the keys via email which I have received. I have replied and thanked Alena.

I did ask Alena in my reply to her this question and will ask here on the forum as well, and excuse my ignorance:

"Do I load the key into my original version 5.6 which I purchased?" I have downloaded subsequent versions 6 and 6.5

which are backed up on my external hard drive. Can the key be loaded into say version 6.5.? As I said, please excuse

my complete ignorance on this.

Looking forward to advise and answers before I do anything.

Colin

Guest Yachtsman1

Thank you Eric for the reply. Ken is right, my registry was wiped out when my c drive was formatted.

As you can see, Alena has sent me the keys via email which I have received. I have replied and thanked Alena.

I did ask Alena in my reply to her this question and will ask here on the forum as well, and excuse my ignorance:

"Do I load the key into my original version 5.6 which I purchased?" I have downloaded subsequent versions 6 and 6.5

which are backed up on my external hard drive. Can the key be loaded into say version 6.5.? As I said, please excuse

my complete ignorance on this.

Looking forward to advise and answers before I do anything.

Colin

Hi colin

As far as I am aware, your original or any new key is good for any version of PTE. I know I struggled for a while when I got my new PC getting it to accept my key. Of all the software I have ever used, PTE is the most user unfriendly to up-date/grade. I use series 6 before sound, & my original 2007 purchase key. In this case I would load the new key you have been sent into the latest version of PTE.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Colin,

PTE keys are certainly "forwards compatible" (i.e. a key for v4.49 is good for use with any v5 and v6). But I do not know whether they are backwards-compatible. I suggest you use the key with the latest version first, to prove it is working OK. And then try it out with progressively older versions. You're about to become a forum-expert on PTE keys! So, please do report back with your experience.

regards,

Peter

Thank you to all who replied and offered their assistance.

I opened version 6.5, pressed on "load key", went to the folder I had saved it in and pressed open. I then closed PTE and reopened it and all is working.

I then went to my version 5.6, opened it and that too was working. I hope that this helps Peter. I am now a happy chappy.

Best regards,

Colin

Peter & Colin,

Colin,

PTE keys are certainly "forwards compatible" (i.e. a key for v4.49 is good for use with any v5 and v6). But I do not know whether they are backwards-compatible. I suggest you use the key with the latest version first, to prove it is working OK. And then try it out with progressively older versions. You're about to become a forum-expert on PTE keys! So, please do report back with your experience.

regards,

Peter

I had not so long ago tested the older format version keys vs new text format keys to various PTE program versions.

- The New text format keys require 6.5.2 (or newer) version PicturesToExe to load a new license key. The New text format keys will not load into the older PicturesToExe versions.

- The older format version keys are accepted for loading into all versions PicturesToExe.

Heres how to tell them apart from each other:

New text format keys use [PTE] and/or [VB] as part of its filestring.

Older format version keys use [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE] and/or [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WnSoft\VideoBuilder] as part of its filestring.

So the results are :

If you receive any New text format keys ...load with PicturesToExe v 6.5.2 or newer. You are still able to load Older format version keys into all new and older PicturesToExe versions.

See link;

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12430

Guest Yachtsman1

If that is the case, what would happen if I wanted to up-date my video builder (De-Lux) version only. My original De-Lux version (PTE & Video Builder) was purchased in 2007, I use PTE 6.0.4 & don't want to download a later version of PTE as yet, only video builder, which I understand I will have to pay for. Will it be a new key or an update of the original key???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :unsure:

Eric,

If that is the case, what would happen if I wanted to up-date my video builder (De-Lux) version only. My original De-Lux version (PTE & Video Builder) was purchased in 2007, I use PTE 6.0.4 & don't want to download a later version of PTE as yet, only video builder, which I understand I will have to pay for. Will it be a new key or an update of the original key???

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1. :unsure:

You appear to make this more complicated than it really is. If you pay for a new upgrade to Video Builder ... you will get a new VideoBuilder key. :)

As the WnSoft site says:

After the end of this period you can continue to use any previously released version of VideoBuilder for unlimited time or pay $34 for the upgrade of the newer version.

So if you get a new VideoBuilder Key right now ... it will work for the latest VideoBuilder program release and all the older PTE versions that have VideoBuilder as well. You will not need mulitple older VideoBuilder keys ... you need only the new one.

The thing to remember ... is you must load the new text format key into the newer/latest versions of PTE/VB.