WnSoft Forums

can't run creation

nashua

Hello,

I have this strange warning when i run a creation made by my friend. He told me about this program and how nice it was, so he sent me a slide show and wow, I'm very impressed. It ran great on windows ME but when I ran it on my wifes computer (windows 98 SE) I get a warning about stack overflow and it will not run. so, I tried it on another computer running 98SE and get the same results, nothing but the warning. The computer is unaffected and does not freeze or anything. Just wonder if there is a known glitch or something I have missed. I really would like to purchase PTE, any help would be nice.

Thanks, Nashua :)

P.S. it would also be nice if you updated the version history page at the main site letting everyone know what changes have been made in 4.14. Has been more than a month now since your update from 4.12----Thanks again

Thanks nobeefstu for the suggestion. I did try that and the same warning pops up. I am now thinking that it's a problem with the computers themselves. Although this warning has never shown up before, the computers in question have had other strange things happen.. I found a microsoft knowledge base page concerning this issue.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=145799

Thanks for your promt response, Nashua :)

Nashua,

Thanks for the link.

What seems strange to me initially is that both PCs have the same problem.

I find this #3 listing from the database page as your most likely first target of investigation.

There may be an incompatible hardware configuration. Check the port and IRQ settings of the network adapter, sound card, and modem. Make sure that there are no COM2/COM4 or COM1/COM3 conflicts and that no devices are sharing IRQs. Disable or remove conflicting devices.

Check your Device Manager properties for your IRQ settings. See if there is any conflicts or yellow exclamation marks shown in the view.

A good test to see if your issue is sound related ... would be to run a Show created without any music.(I will see if I can locate 1 or 2) ... or maybe your friend can make 1 without any music for you.

Have you tried making a PTE Show yourself using the limited demo version ?

===============================================

New Note:

Here's 2 Shows from Beechbrook that use no music or sound files.

Use these as a test to see if your soundcard has issues. If they play ... its may something in your soundcard set-up -IRQ.

Non-syncro - Create BG without PF

http://beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=449

Animation with PTE

(once downloaded ... rename the file .p2e ext to .exe)

http://beechbrook.com/pte/downloadfile.asp?id=8