WnSoft Forums

registration key

moorehill

Hi - I've just bought PTE (I had a much earlier version several computers ago, but it wasn't suitable for XP). So I got the latest, and bought it, and downloaded it, and they sent me all the info EXCEPT they said to save "the attached file" and then when prompted to select that file and bingo I'd be registered. But there was no attached file, just some gobbledegook at the bottom of the page. :(

I bought it because I have a rush job to do TODAY which I needed PTE for. I've sent an e-mail asking for help but no response yet. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something obvious I'm not doing???

-Veronica (moorehill)

Veronica, where is your original registration key and program. your original key will work on your present system.

i still have ver 3.4 on my xp system and it still works fine.

all you need to do is install the latest version over the original program and install the original reg key.

If you are in the USA there is quite a time difference between the USA and tech support in Russia.

in some cases the key gets scrambled by the email or anti virus settings on the recipients system.

sorry this info doesnt solve your problem

ken

Veronica,

But there was no attached file, just some gobbledegook at the bottom of the page ... Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something obvious I'm not doing???

It may well be some setting in your PC that can cause this. You may want to check what options you have enabled :

OE but under Tools > Options > Security is "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus."

where is your original registration key and program. your original key will work on your present system.

i still have ver 3.4 on my xp system and it still works fine.

all you need to do is install the latest version over the original program and install the original reg key.

If you are in the USA there is quite a time difference between the USA and tech support in Russia.

in some cases the key gets scrambled by the email or anti virus settings on the recipients system.

Hi Ken and nobeef - thanks very much for responding.

I don't know where the original program is, or its key - that's why I bought the new one. I'm on the west coast of Canada, so there will be the time difference you mentioned.

nobeef - I don't use OE, I'm on Eudora, and I can certainly receive all kinds of other attachments......

I'll keep trying, I guess. :(

The key attachment is sometimes scrambled, destroyed, lost, or somehow mixed up by the sender.

It's an occasional problem they have which seems to not be addressed yet.

Unfortunately, It's popular to blame the recipient's email (by some on this board).

Fortunately, tech support is very understanding, supportive, and prompt.

My key was defective (just garbage text and no attachment) and I bought mine on friday.

I had to wait until monday, but the response was waiting for me monday when I awoke.

(left coast of USA... Washington)

Merlin

Dear Veronica,

I have just received your order from our order processing service (I think that it is your details, judging by your name and the country). So, I've just resent your key to you. You will receive it as a .zip file, because your email program inserts .txt files to the body of the letter.

I hope to hear from you about your successful registration soon.

The registration key seems to be a problem for some of us. I had the same problems as you Veronica. All sorts of technical answers were suggested to me - none of them worked! The simple solution was to ask Technical Support to re-send the reg key and to insist that it was sent as ATTACHMENT to the email. When they did that for me, everything worked fine.

Ron West