WnSoft Forums

Video output not working

iceberg

I am failing to get any video output from P2E/VB on my Windows XP laptop though I can make a standard DVD from the P2E projects. The VB operation runs reporting 0 fps and the file produced is zero length. After failing with previous projects, I created a new project with just 2 pictures and set it up according to ronniebootwest's tutorial. Doing the same operation on a new Windows 7 desktop works perfectly so I conclude there is nothing wrong with the downloaded latest version or activation codes.

The laptop has Intel core 2 duo T2700 2 Ghz processor, ATI X1600 128Mb graphics, 3Gb memory, fully updated XP. I have Norton 2011 suite but Sonar is switched off and I tried it with AV and Firewall off and there are no relevent reports in its log. I tried removing P2E as I had updated from a previous version and re-installing it. There is plenty disc space.

HD files produced on the desktop play OK on the laptop via Quicktime but not Windows Media Player.

Is there something missing ?

Guest Yachtsman1

I am failing to get any video output from P2E/VB on my Windows XP laptop though I can make a standard DVD from the P2E projects. The VB operation runs reporting 0 fps and the file produced is zero length. After failing with previous projects, I created a new project with just 2 pictures and set it up according to ronniebootwest's tutorial. Doing the same operation on a new Windows 7 desktop works perfectly so I conclude there is nothing wrong with the downloaded latest version or activation codes.

The laptop has Intel core 2 duo T2700 2 Ghz processor, ATI X1600 128Mb graphics, 3Gb memory, fully updated XP. I have Norton 2011 suite but Sonar is switched off and I tried it with AV and Firewall off and there are no relevent reports in its log. I tried removing P2E as I had updated from a previous version and re-installing it. There is plenty disc space.

HD files produced on the desktop play OK on the laptop via Quicktime but not Windows Media Player.

Is there something missing ?

Check the free space on your C drive, you need 5 or 6GB free to produce a DVD

Yachtsman1.

iceberg,

The VB operation runs reporting 0 fps and the file produced is zero length.

See this topic in Video Output forum section:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=10154

HD files produced on the desktop play OK on the laptop via Quicktime but not Windows Media Player

WMPlayer {by itself) on XP does not have the necessary decoders (h264) to properly playback HD Video. You need something like Windows Media Player Classic HomeCinema

Read these topics:

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=12061

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=8954

• 2 months later...