WnSoft Forums

PTE output to iPod

fh1805

There's a possibility that I might get asked in the near future to produce a sequence in the form that will run on an iPod. I know PTE is capable of this. But, as I don't possess an iPod, I don't know what the limitations of the technology will be. Is it possible to set the iPod/PTE sequence such that it can be paused/resumed during playback on the iPod? In an EXE file there are several ways to do this. But on the iPod???

Hoping someone can help.

Peter

Peter

i believe ipod 's can handle mp4

see

http://www.apple.com/ipodclassic/specs.html

http://www.google.ca/#sclient=psy&hl=en&q=mp4++format+for+ipod&aq=f&aqi=g2g-v2&aql=&oq=&pbx=1&fp=6de4f2afc9a0cac5

and i also believe pte will make a mp4 with no problem

maybe dig in to the money pit and buy one for testing or ask local dealer :)

my g'sons have the ipod touch and seem to be able to do pretty near everything

ken

Peter,

Is it possible to set the iPod/PTE sequence such that it can be paused/resumed during playback on the iPod? In an EXE file there are several ways to do this. But on the iPod???

Since the file being created is a video file ... all features related to its playback, pause, fastforward, etc are controlled by the users own video player. I m not aware of iPods and its player features and options ... but I assume it does have the basic video controls for playback. The playback settings used in the PTE file only relate to the exe file playback and will have no affect on a video file playback because PTE is not the player for video files.

Peter,

All responses are correct. I have an IPod 4th generation and have made several of my shows into MP4 format which allows full control just like any MP4 would offer. PTE controls are mute at this point. MP4 on the IPod allows play, pause, stop, fast forward, rewind.

Be happy to assist in any way I can.

Bill

Ken/Stu/Bill,

Thanks for your replies. I rather suspected that the control limitation would be in the hardware/software of the iPod - but its always nice to get these things confirmed before diving off into a PTE project build.

Bill,

As you seem to be the one with the hands-on experience on the iPod, can I ask a supplemental?: Whilst doing the assembly of the sequence in PTE, did you choose any Project Options values specifically because you were intending to output to an iPod? Or did you just build the sequence as normal for a PC EXE file and then simply do "Create...Video for iPad and iPhone" at the end?

regards,

Peter