WnSoft Forums

EDIT PICTURE and CTRL+W (again) [SOLVED]

davegee

In an attempt to answer someone's question about EDIT PICTURE and CTRL+W I tried it out on my own computer(s).

No matter what I set the association to in CONTROL PANEL, my PTE will always open a JPEG up in CS4.

I've tried rebooting after changing the association and the same thing happens. The association for JPEGs in Windows Explorer changes to the new setting but in PTE it remains the same (CS4).

The PTE 6.5 USER's GUIDE suggests:

"When clicking Edit Picture you will see the window where you can choose the graphic software to edit image. Do it once and then after clicking this option the program with the chosen image will open automatically"

To me, this means that the FIRST time you click on EDIT PICTURE or hit CTRL+W you will be offered the choice of programme. Thereafter you are not offered the choice but the JPEG is opened in whatever software you chose automatically.

However, the USER's GUIDE does not indicate a method of changing the choice that you made originally.

A method put forward by a member here involves opening a file in NOTEPAD to change the setting.

Can anyone else change the default software for "Edit Picture" in PTE without resorting to "re-programming" in notepad?

DG