WnSoft Forums

Customise Button & Text Fonts

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I'm sure this has come up before & may even have been resolved in the current version, I'm using 6.0.4?

When adding text to either a button or slide via the customise slide option, the font shows as the default font, not as set in Project Options.

I am compiling a show of my van conversion for the DVLA, which will have upwards of 150 slides, 60% of which will have buttons explaining what is happening in the shot.

My chosen font in PO is Comic Sans MS, in Customise Slide, Button, it is Airial, in customise slide Text, it is Times New Roman, very confusing.

If an extra tab can be added to Customise Slide, say, Comments as in PO, with the option to add the font of choice to all slides buttons & text, that would do the trick. :unsure:

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

Using version 6.04 will not help you in your text setting dilemma ... there is a text default setting in the current version build which is helpful.

The text default setting is available for new objects created in the O&A. The text default setting is not applicable to Text Comment objects created in Project Options - Comments tab which is a universal setting for Text Comments only. You can however modify the text for each Text Comment object individually thru O&A.

Creating a new Text object is not same as the Text Comment objects created with Project Options - Comment setting ... they are different objects even though both contain text.

See attachment which is available in the current version build.

post-45-048616200 1298126150_thumb.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Nobeefstu

I very rarely use the Text facility in O&A, I only threw that in my comments. It's the text in buttons that slows down the workflow, a} because you can't set a default font & b} because you can't apply it to multiple slides. I can't see the point of downloading the current version if it won't satisfy that need.

Thanks anyway.

Regards Eric

yachtsman1.

Eric,

I see your point as it relates to text used in Button objects because it currently does not have any default text setting available.

Actually the Button object could use some additional default settings as it relates to Style and Font etc preferences when creating new Button objects. I dont prefer the current default Button object Style type when making new Button objects . If anything ... the Advanced Button Properties facility could use additional settings and defaults to achieve better user control.