WnSoft Forums

smoothing line question

DustyDesert

I'm finally re-doing my slide show. There's only one (I hope) question this time around, and that's on the smoothing line. The default is 40, Al's tutorial said 20-40 is good. My transitions are better this time, 3 second fading effects, 1 whole second between transitions, with medium contrast between frames. No more black! Should I go with 20 or leave it at 40? I don't notice much difference on my machine and would like it to work on older systems, too, without the jerkiness. I guess I could just transfer it to my old system, but thought I'd just ask what you guys (and gals) use first.

Thanks,

~Cindy

Hi, Cindy,

The smoothing line really only affects the moving transitions (circles, wipes, etc.). It has no effect on the fades or cuts. So, you really have to decide whether you want a harder or softer transition, bearing in mind that the softer it is (higher smoothing line thickness), the more jerky the transition will be due to the greater amount of processor resources required. If you have the pc resources, and want a smoother transition, go for it. If not, then maybe back off to less than 40. Myself, I find that 40 (the default) meets my requirements, and yet is not too high that the transitions flicker. It's very subjective, and you really have to experiment.