WnSoft Forums

customized settings

nldowning

I am a new user who is trying to add comments to my slides. I can make the customized settings for a slide, but when I go to a new slide, the customized settings disappear. I do not want to set the font, size, color, alignment, shadow size each time a want to add a comment to a slide. Is there anyway to save the customized settings so that when I come to a slide I want to add a comment to, the customized settings are available? Sure would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks.

Welcome, nldowning

Open Project/Project Options/ Comments from the main menu (top left). Set your preferences of how you want your fonts, color, etc.

Now when you Customize each individual Slide # ... and select Comments ... your preferences should be revealed as you previous set.

If your using TEXT OBJECTS as your Comments ... enable the checkbox Use own text preference in Customize Slide/Comments ... your preferences should be revealed as you set in Project/Project Options/ Comments

There is a quirk in PTE's handling of comments at the moment. If you customize your comments in Project Options to show Slide Number, for example, and then on the main window, write in "Slide #" in front of the numeral appearing on the "Comment" line below the slide list, everything will be fine until you go into Project Options again. Now if you preview your show, the added text will have disappeared and you will be left with only the original slide numbers.

There is a way to partially get around this, however. If you set up your customization the way you want in Project Options, then un-check "Set comments for all slides as" near the bottom of the "Comments" dialogue box, the original customization (i.e. Slide Number in this case) will still be there for each slide, as well as the added text, "Slide #" for each slide to which you added it. You can then add custom text at will without fear of it disappearing when you next open Project Options. The main problem with this work-around is that if you now add new slides, they will not include the customized comments, and if you re-check "Set comments....." you will lose all the extra text.

Ken and I have exchanged emails with Igor on this but I don't know if he plans to fix it in future versions.