WnSoft Forums

Video Editing Software

Tomuk

Good Afternoon all,

I've downloaded the beta of V7 and have received and injection of creative juices,so much so that I'm now in need of Video editing software.

As we have an abundance of expertise on our membership list, I'm sure recommendations will soon be flooding in.

My immediate need is software that can cope with editing the sound track of Video that I've captured with my HD web-cam (as a WMV file).

I immediately discovered that P2e 7 doesn't like WMV files to much as they play with jerky movement and no lip sync at all.

I solved this problem by converting these clips to Mpeg 4 and the result is first class.

I have started making mgeg4 files, within P2e from all my sequence project files, to-date I have a collection of twenty, ten of these I have inserted into P2e as slides and seperated on the time line by a blank, this gave me a project size of 1.24gig.

I ran it as a preview and it flowed as smooth as silk, all object effects were as designed.

What I really need to move forward is the above software, so please be as quick as you can.

Tom.

THANK YOU IGOR AND TEAMbiggrin.gif

Hi Tom,

I was beginning to think that you had fallen off the edge of the planet!

I am using software called 'AVS Video Converter' and have found that it works well for me. It will convert anything to anything.

Ron.

Hello again Ron,

No I haven't fell off the planet just yet.

As you know my health isn't all that good at the moment so I haven't been able to do to much, but this new version of our favourite software has inspired me to get creative once again.

I have one or two issues to get to grips with in this new version, I still haven't mastered the Audio editing tools yet, I'm still using Adobe Audition as I'm so familiar with it.

I have found a free Video converter on the net, (Any Video converter) by Anysoft, it's so easy to use,a couple of clicks and any format can be converted to a host of others. (see my post above).

Dick.

Thank you for your suggestion, I'm running Windows 7 Enterprise so Movie maker has to be downloaded as you know, I have just done this and have yet to give it a test drive, I'll keep you appraised.

Tom.

Hi Tom,

I would suggest you go here:

http://www.clubipi.1cd1.com/en-test.html

Download all four of Jean Claude's tutorials in HD (be sure to click on the HD button on the screen first) and watch them, I think his explanation will get you going on using the sound features in PTE 7.0 just fine.

Best regards,

Lin

Hi! Lin,

Thank you for the above, I've had a look at all four of videos from Jean Claude Humblet and very

informative they were to, the one I found most useful was the one on volume envelopes, I now understand how to use it on the waveform within P2e, it will save me a lot of time with no back and too from sound editing applications.

It's late here now (22.50 hrs.) so I'll wait until tomorrow to have a play (you can do that when your retired) so its of to bed for me now.

Tom.