WnSoft Forums

Changing registration details

ContaxMan

My friend has PTE on his computer and has received his key from WnSoft.

However, the registry already contains an entry for the pte key (this is mine! due to an error I made using a "recover pte registration" utility).

We tried uninstalling pte then reinstalling but it is still picking up the wrong registrations details.

Any suggestions for how to resolve this please?

Sorry - posted twice, though the spelling's better here!

My friend has PTE on his computer and has received his key from WnSoft.

However, the registry already contains an entry for the pte key (this is mine! due to an error I made using a "recover pte registration" utility).

We tried uninstalling pte then reinstalling but it is still picking up the wrong registrations details.

Any suggestions for how to resolve this please?

Sorry - posted twice, though the spelling's better here!

Roger

you should delete the extra posts asap before they get answered-- I can do it if you wish

ken

Roger,

There is a new provision in recent v7 betas to enter new license keys from the main menu bar Help | Enter New License Key.

Entering the new key should overwrite the existing registry key. The thing is you must install recent PicturesToExe v7 Beta releases, as the v6 releases dont have this function.

There are several other ways to remove/overwrite the existing key in the registry ... but they take some technical skills beyond the average user. Hopefully after installing the current v7 release and then entering the new key resovles your issue.

Note:

Uninstalling PTE will not remove the Registration Key(s) from the registry ...this is normal behavior for most programs. Mostly due to the fact is that the program installer package did not install the Key.

post-45-0-74990700-1305847911_thumb.jpg