WnSoft Forums

New version 7 beta A.V.

nharris

Hello,I uploaded an A.V. some time back but work pressures killed my spare time. I have retired now and returned to P2E with version 7 beta 13.

I have uploaded to The Cottage (thanks Bill),a short AV titled "10 Portraits".

I would surely appreciate any sort of comments from the contributing experts on this Forum, to see if I am on the right track. Thank you!

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi NoelH

Whilst not claiming to be an expert, I have seen & made a lot of slide shows.

Comments on your show, Great photographs, excellent music, did what it said on the tin.

Yachtsman1.

BTW Who is the fat guy in the trilby hat ;)

Hi NoelH

Whilst not claiming to be an expert, I have seen & made a lot of slide shows.

Comments on your show, Great photographs, excellent music, did what it said on the tin.

Yachtsman1.

BTW Who is the fat guy in the trilby hat ;)

Thanks Yachtsman1,for your comments. The "fat guy in the trilby" was one of the models that came along for my club's photoshoot.

Not "beautiful",but he had a lot of character in his face.

NoelH

Hello,I uploaded an A.V. some time back but work pressures killed my spare time. I have retired now and returned to P2E with version 7 beta 13.

I have uploaded to The Cottage (thanks Bill),a short AV titled "10 Portraits".

I would surely appreciate any sort of comments from the contributing experts on this Forum, to see if I am on the right track. Thank you!

Hello all:

I was a little dissapointed that only one of the many contributors to this Forum responded to my request for comment on my A.V. "Ten Portraits" ,on Beechbrook Cottage.

I am only seeking help and advice.

Noel Harris

Noel -

I watched your show a couple of times - the premise is good however, the gradient backgrounds on the text slides showed some banding, this can be corrected by adding 1 percent of noise. Also, the portrait images looked a little over sharpened or maybe, you didn't choose to tick "fixed size of slide in pixels" in the "project options". Failing to do this will allow the images to be enlarged on a screen that is larger than the one the show was built on. It's best to make sure you tick this option to make sure that your show can only run at the same resolution that you produced it in.

Greg Gordon

Responses on this forum are few and far between Noel. However, those who do will give you all the help you need. In this case I did enjoy the show concept, but as said the images looked a bit stretched. It may be worth checking out some members web sites for examples of their shows for comparison. One other point to consider...not everyone can get onto the forum to give feedback in the short time between you posting and returning to the forum.

Andrew

Hi Noel,

Perhaps you should have put the title of you show in the subject box rather than"new version etc" but I can't talk as I only had one response to my latest show. Anyway I liked the way you presented the show with good use of PTE facities. Personaaly I found the portraits too harsh although I get the impression this is what you wanted to do. They certainly were eye catching and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

Hi Noel,

Perhaps you should have put the title of you show in the subject box rather than"new version etc" but I can't talk as I only had one response to my latest show. Anyway I liked the way you presented the show with good use of PTE facities. Personaaly I found the portraits too harsh although I get the impression this is what you wanted to do. They certainly were eye catching and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

I do thank Greg,Andrew and Mick for your responses.

Thay offered the sort of practical advice I was looking for. I apologise for my impulsiveness regarding responses.

I will apply the suggestions in a rework of the AV.

Thanks everybody!