WnSoft Forums

"Leyburn & the World at War

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Following my previous epic charity show, I decided to do another for the British Legion & Help for Heroes. I tried to get my ex camera club involved but couldn't so after completing around 75% of the work I shelved it.

This weekend was my towns 3rd annual WW2 weekend, so as we are leaving shortly I decided to complete it and pass it on to the organisers, hopeing they will use it next year.

Mechanics, size 128mb yes 128 :blink: 567 slides, 40 music tracks 8 voice tracks. It was started when I was still using 1024x768,& unfortunately didn't click on the fix slide size box. It is meant for showing to an audience of WW2 enthusiasts, who dress up as, & tour around to various places holding WW2 weekends. The pictures are a mixture of mine my wife's & the internet. The show can be controlled via the keyboard, some of the pictures have a lot of text, so it can be paused to read it. It is meant for an older audience as some of the content is a bit grisly, however, that's war.

It's on Mediafire http://www.mediafire.com/?x2nmc6pb52e16

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

After re checking the show posted on Mediafire I was devastated to find an error on the sound track where a fire bell announcing the next section obtruded on the previous picture of a burial of a local Mosquito navigator, my apologies. I have since corrected the error & the copy I will be passing on to the local Operation Dalesman group will include the correction. As it took over an hour to upload the show to Mediafire I won't be replacing it on there. My apologies again if it spoiled the moment. :(

Yachtsman1

Eric,

I have just reached the interval but just had to break off to encourage everybody to download this A/V. I have a fast internet speed and downloaded it in just 2.5 mins, veiwing will take much longer but it will be worthwhile. I will offer more comments when I have seen the whole show.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

I have just reached the interval but just had to break off to encourage everybody to download this A/V. I have a fast internet speed and downloaded it in just 2.5 mins, veiwing will take much longer but it will be worthwhile. I will offer more comments when I have seen the whole show.

Hi Mick

Hopefully my move to Southport will speed up my abysmal speed, the signs from BT look good but I'll believe it when it happens.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

ERIC

make sure you remind people of the show come Nov. 11

great job

ken

Hi Ken, it was originally for Rememberance Day 2009, I seem to remember you sent a link to some good pics, which I didn't use as the show would have been longer still. When we get to Southport, I will change the current Mediafire version to the corrected one.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS another problem with the show is the fluctuating sound levels, as it was meant for viewing via a projector, I would be able to adjust the levels as it went along. However, the version of Audacity I am using doesn't have the facility to regularise the levels & with over 60 sound tracks, the only way is manually which defeats my expertise.

What an amazing archive of WW2 photos and what a great job you have made in your “Tour de Force” of an A/V. It must have been very time consuming but I can tell it was a labour of love. I hope you have success in raising money for your charities.

I did use the forward key a couple of times in the posters and the modern Leyburn sections but was glued to the rest. The music was well chosen, sympathetic and moving at times and the voiceovers were reproduced very well. I liked your pans and zooms especially as you used them sparingly and I thought they worked well for the particular shots.

Well done and thanks for sharing.

Great show Eric loved it from start to end.

Bought back great memorys for me, I was a young boy during the war

and lived in Coventry so saw a good bit of it then at the age of 15

caught a train from Coventry to Leyburn to train as a jockey in Middleham

so got to know Leyburn quite well in those days.

All the best Eric look foreward to the next one.

RayC

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks everyone for your much appreciated comments. It will be a long time before I tackle anything so complex, although I do enjoy the mechanics.

Regards Eric