WnSoft Forums

It's not solved!

Peter N

I have just responded on Yachtman1's "solved" thread but I didn't want it to seem as if it is all over, so I repeating my words here. Apologies if this is out of order but we(I)need a simple final solution.

"I have just read this thread with horror!! I have a new 5 day old PC with quad CPU, oodles of RAM and Windows 7. I have been a user of PTE for yonks and I have V7 beta 12 on my old machine. I could not download version 6, getting corrupt file message. I tried downloading beta 14 (as a trial)on the new one and registering with my version 5 keyword. I keep all my keywords saved online. No good, it just ignores the keyword. I am not going to mess about with my registry but I want PTE on my new PC. Please will someone advise me what to do in words of no more than two syllables. I am seventy something not 96 and fairly computer literate but I shouldn't have to be asking this question. Regards Peter N."

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Petern

Download version 6.5 from the WN site as if you were buying it. open a folder in the programmes folder of your new PC, copy the PTE key from your origial putchase into that folder. Open the new downloaded copy of 6.5, when you get the box asking for the key, paste in your old key from your old machine, including the words "file" etc. and the programe should fully open on your new machine. If it still won't open fill in a report to Alena as Ken said and wait for a replacement key and try again. I know it's rubbish but eventually you'll get there.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks everyone. I am now back in business with a new licence key from Wnsoft. Regards Peter N.

Hi Petern

It is usual to modify the title of your thread by adding the word "solved". You can do this from the full edit page.

Yachtsman1.