WnSoft Forums

Hedgerows

Hi John,

My '2 penn'th' for what it's worth !!

Neither right nor wrong, just my own opinions.

I enjoyed this sequence .......... I liked the ideas, the mood, the pictures and the choice of music.

I think you chose the photographs well, making good use of limited depth of field to isolate some of the plants. There were no jarring additions that didn't 'fit' (for example a building suddenly appearing or an unexpected and unnecessary long-shot).

The length was good ........ not too long, and the gentle, light mood of the music suited the images.

I liked the introduction of other images into the main image .......... sometimes it worked really well, other times it was not as 'comfortable'.

You could try creating really soft fades in the opacity around them so that they aren't obviously insets; make sure the colours blend together, or are harmonious, where the 'fade' occurs.

There is nothing wrong with adding 'bits' to a slide ........... you just have to make sure that if it's supposed to actually be there then the viewer can't tell it's been added. Not the easiest thing ....... shadows, positioning, relative size, angle of capture, habitat if in nature, etc., etc., all have to be taken into consideration. The caterpillar was definitely not convincing!

These things didn't spoil the enjoyment ......... just niggles.

No matter how good you are there will always be 'bits' that someone, rightly or wrongly, thinks should be done differently.

Always ........... take on board opinions that you can agree with and discard the others! Creativity should never be constrained in a mould!

And have fun!

Sheila