WnSoft Forums

I need help running a PSE slide show on a CD

gordy9

I have just completed a PSE slide show of 280 pictures. I have these pictures on a CD, but I am unable to get the show to run automatically when I insert it in my computer. Is there an autoplay file that I need on the disk for this to happen. I do have the following on the disk, but it still will not run.

[autorun]

open=Dreams_Park.exe

icon=Dreams_Park.exe,0

Thanks in advance for your help.

gordy9,

Your Autorun.inf file content looks correct.

I dont know what operating system you are using ... but XP had a security update (if you auto install your MS updates) not so long ago that disabled the CD drive to autorun. I did not install the update myself so I know not all the details. You may have to reset your autorun function if its disabled. Then hope any clients/users CD drive isnt already disabled .

Microsoft Security Advisory (967940) Update for Windows Autorun

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/967940.mspx?pubDate=2011-02-22

I just got back from a short vacation and tried all of the suggestions about how to run this show when the CD loads and couldn't find any suggestion that worked, so I guess I will give up and just run the show by clicking on the message that pops on the screen stating "Run DreamsPark.exe". Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.

In message 5, nobeefstu mentioned some XP patches that disabled autorun for security reasons. You did not comment if you investigated that. A quick google with 'autorun with XP' brought this up...

http://autorun.moonvalley.com/enable.htm

It provides information on how to enable/disable autorun...

There was a pretty good reason to disable it... But if you want autostart to work... well...

Dick

gordy9,

... tried all of the suggestions about how to run this show when the CD loads and couldn't find any suggestion that worked, so I guess I will give up and just run the show by clicking on the message that pops on the screen stating "Run DreamsPark.exe".

From this point ... you now need to verify if its the CD disc thats failng to autorun or if its the PC thats failing to initiate the autorun.

*Test your CD disc on other PCs thats known to have the autorun function working properly.

*Test your PC with factory/purchased CD discs which you know to have previously autorun on insert.

Note:

I always use the 8.3 filename convention rule ... you never know what other PC users may have trouble with even though it may work properly on some PCs. Try renaming your current 11.3 character filename to 8.3 as a last resort test.