WnSoft Forums

SUCCESS AT LAST!

pip

Ever since the days of the Kodak Picture CD and TV player, I've dreamed of having good quality, slide show viewing on the Tv. Until now, the quality has been unacceptable and not worth the trouble, not to mention the expense, to create a CD/DVD for the tube. Well I'm happy to proclaim, that the day is finally here. Naturally, it's not computer monitor quality, but it's something that is viewable without the severe eye strain that was inherant with previous attempts, and for the majority of the non critical viewers out there, it's a welcome change to those painful group showings huddled around the puter. Many thanks to Igor, one of the most dedicated, hard working, software genius' on the planet. He's developed a piece of software thats ready for prime time!

So, here are my results: Working on a 2.6g, P4, 512ram, XP

Downloaded and tested a dozen or more avi to mpg encoders and came to a simliar conclusion as others....TMPEnc was the ticket for me!

My workflow:

1. Select the SVCD avi option from PTE

2. Open the resulting avi file in TMPEnc and convert to SVCD/mp2 (the Wizard will lead you thru)

3. Ready to Burn! I use Nero 5.5

4. Open Nero Express, choose Videos/Pictures SVCD from the pop up and gooooo! It also helps you create a classy looking menu as well.

The resulting SVCD is excellent, even at close viewing..........haven't burned a DVD yet, but with the first class SVCD results, I know the DVD will really shine!

(TMPEnc is one of the more expensive encoders, but I'm sure even better results could be expected if one explored the many options offered. I relied on the default setings and the first class results were at the top of my list!)

Don't know what the problem with Ulead was, I just found that this other just worked so much better, and picture and sound quality were superior!

Hope this saves others in the forum time and a lot of trial CD's......I burned a bunch!!!

Also, tried and tried to put my PTE.exe file on the same CD with no success. Anybody know?

Anyway, hope this is helpful

PIP

I have tried the freeware version of TMPGEnc-2.521 and cannot get the svcd to work on my DVD player. It will work on my computer. My DVD player can play SVCD's.

I did convert the PTE first. Like I say, it does work on my computer. I see that the owner of PTE is thinking of making his own MPeg-2 converter. Maybe that is what will be the answer.

I too wonder if I can put an exe file on the same CD as Mpeg. :)

Dennis

pip

try this

copy the files on the svcd to a folder

add your p2e exe to the folder

burn as a data disk

report results

i have successfully copied the files from 2 of my vcd successes to folders

then using icq, sent the individual files to a friend and he successfully burned them and says show worked fine in his dvd player-- very big files but had to show what i could do

he had the shows previously in the exe state so he can compare

k B)

PIP

my friend that said he was able to play the show now says he is having problems and cannot play the show on home dvd -- have duplicated the test by burning the folders to a cd-r - the home dvd player sees the folders as mp3/wma or jpegs

so much for that suggestion :angry:

i hope i havent wasted your time

ken