WnSoft Forums

Temporary Slide Removal

fromatoz

Hi, Tom,

Three possibilities here:

1. Click on the slide and "drag" it to the bottom of the show. Then replace it with another slide. You will have to set up the appropriate custom parameters for the new slide, though.

2. Just change the name of the slide, where it appears on the "Show Image" line below the slide list, to the name of a replacement slide. The new slide will retain all the customizing of the first.

3. Click off "show image". Then add another image in Object Editor.

Hope this helps. :)

Tom,

If Als suggestions dont fullfill your needs try this :

From the Slide List panel select the Image you want to remove and COPY SLIDE then REMOVE SLIDE FROM SLIDE LIST ( right-click functions).

Preview your Show.

To Add the Slide back in : PASTE SLIDE into the proper position from where it was orig removed (right-click function).

I havent tried it functionally in all setup-modes ... but in theory it should be possible.

I simply overlooked the Click-off-show-image- feature ...

Just a bit of clarification on the use of this feature.

While this method will keep the image from showing, its custom effects are still there. Everything will go black (except for any objects selected) until the following slide.

This may not be what you want to happen - you may want to remove the slide from it's place in the list completely, and then move it back when required again.

Alrobin -

You are right, unfortunately the custom effects are still working.

So, what I am looking for is the following:

Let's say, I have a show with 50 slides. My notebook is connected to a video beamer which sends the signal to a big screen. Now, depending on the situation, I decide to do the show with some slight changes - for example I would like to skip - not replace - several picures at different points in the show.

To make this kind of instant changes possible without having to change the basic content / order of the show, wouldn't it be convenient to have an additional button which would allow to skip the marked slides easily?

I am sorry, maybe I have just missed another cool feature in PTE ...

Thank you,

Tom

Tom,

One Question.

Are you trying : (initial post)

Is there a possibility in PTE to remove a slide from the slide list (from the slide show) only temporarily with a mouseklick and bring it back (with all its customized settings) to the show with just another mouseklick?

At Runtime of the EXE or during Build Mode of the .PTE file ?

By your most recent post are you saying you want this action during Runtime ? Please clarify

( I assumed your initial post was in Build Mode only )

Tom:

It may not be "pretty" but in Version 4.20Beta you can now use the mouse and/or the navigation bar with a synched show.

Set up the show with one of the mouse click, or navigation bar, options being "next slide", use that to advance past the slide you don't want to show.

It ain't pretty, but it is one solution available now.

Or the other way is to have several versions of the presentation ready, running off what I call a title page (one image PTE show with objects to launch other PTE shows). The choose which version of the show you want to show just before you show it.

That would be smoother, but you would have decided ahead of time which might not fit your unusal situation.

Tom,

Jim is right. Even if your doing it from the .exe or from the .pte file ... theres no easy or pretty way to accomplish this function.

If you use the Navigation Bar to advance it may not be visually pleasing but its easy. If you use a clickable transparent Object on each slide to advance a slide position ... you dont see it ... but you must place it in a known area on each and every slide so you can click it. Or just use your keyboard hot keys to advance etc ... easy and pretty (but you only move to 1 slide and not skip several).

However ... there is no way just to advance (skip several) to a undetermined position/specified slide on the fly without actually programing it (using Objects) to do so. What is best required to perform such a function is a dragable slide position progress bar ... something PTE does not have yet. ;)

Tom,

Jim and Stu are right - there's not an easy way yet to do what I think you want to accomplish.

One note in addition to Stu's last posting - you can add a button, make it transparent, remove the caption, and then resize it to the same size as your image, thus solving the problem of knowing where to click if you want to activate it. One problem, though - it leaves a border around the button. This may or not be acceptable. You could make it coincide with another border around each image if you wanted to make it totally invisible.

You could also add your image through the object editor instead of via the slide list (i.e. click off "show image") and then program the image to advance or retreat to the desired slide when clicked.

Dear PTE-Pro's

I appreciate your different suggestions very much - thanks a lot. All your hints are technically no problem :) , but:

It seems that there is no really SIMPLE and FAST way to unmark some slides so they will not appear during the show. I would be happy if it only were possible to uncheck "show image" with an additional option to skip the slide with no customized settings working in the background. A very simple task.

It might be an unusual way to program a show like this for the most of you, but in some cases, instead of setting up different shows with some changes, I prefer to have only one show which I can modify (skip certain slides) in no time before I actually run it.

Nobeefstu's idea of a "dragable slide position progress bar" sounds also nice to me. It would certainly add some more flexibility.

Thank you again for your kind help.

Tom

Tom,

Your idea is a bit unusuall :

It might be an unusual way to program a show like this for the most of you, but in some cases, instead of setting up different shows with some changes, I prefer to have only one show which I can modify (skip certain slides) in no time before I actually run it.

I personally do not think Igor will ever provide such a feature for the runtime executable on the fly ... where the user selects what photos to play or omit and still maintain the syncronization.

Even a dragable slide position progress bar would not satisfy those needs above ... since you only move to a single new position point and not omiting a particular group of slides

As for :

I would be happy if it only were possible to uncheck "show image" with an additional option to skip the slide with no customized settings working in the background. A very simple task.

This would be a interesting feature during build mode. But maintaining the various syncronizations possibilites may not prove to be a simple task.

Tom,

Since you indicated that you plan to "run" the show in project mode, and since you are obviously not interested in synchronization to the music, why don't you just delete the "offending" slides at run-time from the slide list, save the new PTE file under a different name, and go with that? You can always recall the original file later when it is required.

nobeefstu -

This would be a interesting feature during build mode.

To make it clear: I AM talking of that feature during build mode. I am NOT talking of the possibility to change the slides during runtime, though a position progress bar could be useful in some situations.

The possibility to skip slides fast and easily in build mode is a very, very basic feature, I think.

In fact I do not really understand the meaning of the "show image" feature as it exists know. Why are the unchecked slide's (custom) settings still working, if, by unchecking "show image", you want to get rid of the slide temporarily? In many or even most cases one might uncheck a slide in order to skip it completely - or is this really so unusual? :o

To put it the other way:

PTE's behavior not to move directly from checked slide to checked slide even in not-synchronized mode looks rather unusual, or unlogical to me. I am sure you must agree with me ;) Of course, the option to keep the (custom) settings of the unchecked slides active is ok, but it is surely not what I am thinking first of when unchecking the "show image" box.

Tom,

Just adding more to this already interesting discussion.

By my studies ... Pte basis its timing on the total slide list count and not on the image that occupies the slide.

Since Pte does not have a provision to create a empty slide without a image ... the show image check box is needed in this case. Otherwise it would be impossible to create a slide with just objects and buttons or just a blank slide for effects.

Using the current setup Igor has implemented with the hide image check box ... a hide slide position would be a nice trick addition too.

Igor always finds a way to make new magic for Pte ... I imagine his main limitation is finding time for all his visions and maintain a sense of prorities.