WnSoft Forums

My problem is solved

jdearman

I replied with this post under the original subject, however, I wanted to make sure all that responded to my post saw this reply and know how appreciative I am for their support. Below is a copy of my post.

Thanks again to all

Jim

:rolleyes:

Jim,

Let's not get sidetracked with the Windows Media Player "problem". I, too, have found that WMP cannot play HD video when other players can. It's probably a problem associated with codecs. We'll park this one.

Now, you say that at one point it looked like you had got past your problem and could have burned a DVD. Think back carefully, at what point in the testing did that happen? What had you just done prior to that erroneous click? What did you then go on and try after giving up on the possible DVD burn? I feel that the apparent willingness of PTE to move past the point where it had previously stalled is highly significant. If we can get a better understanding of this we may be able to identify a workaround. And if this is a bug, we be able to point Igor and the team at the part of the code wherein lies the fault.

Also, and as an aside, I am going to try and change the title of this topic, to remove the reference to myself. I don't want other forum members put off replying because they think this is a personal discussion between the two of us.

regards,

Peter

Peter,

Bottom line to start with---I made it work!! and I know how. As I implied before, this was most likely a problem on my part. What tipped me off was an warning message that I started to get that my CPU was at 100%. I opened device manager and could see that the only thing major running was PTE. I had a lot of past shows saved to the C drive and on the advice of one of the members, I moved some saved files to another drive( external HD). The ones that I did not move, I deleted. Now the C drive was completely cleared of any old PTE files.

I then went to the recycle bin and restored one file, opened it in PTE and it worked as it should all the way thru the burning. I tried this several times with different files and it worked each time.

I feel that the problem is solved and it was caused by my having too much saved in the C drive.

I want to thank you and all the others that came to my aid. I sincerely appreciate your efforts.

That having been said, I now have a video problem. From what I have read in other post, others have had the same problem. My videos are slow and jerky.

I need to do my homework and post again when I have my act together.

Thanks again everybody,

Jim