WnSoft Forums

How can I put multiple PTE shows onto a single DVD?

mountain man

I'd like to put several PTE slide shows onto a single DVD. But Video Builder seems to require a new DVD disc for each show.

Is there a way for me to create a multiple-show DVD, with a start menu that lets you viewer decide which of the shows he'd like to see?

I suppose I could take several shows and combine them into one, and then make a DVD of that. But how would the viewer then choose which show he wanted to see, if he wanted to see only a particular one?

Thanks much.

Don

Guest Yachtsman1

It depends on the sizes of your slide shows. Normal DVD discs are 4.7GB capacity. A one hour exe show could take up most of this space on a DVD. I tried it a couple of years ago but gave up in the end. I believe Blu Ray discs have a higher capacity but have no experience using them or their hardware.

Yachtsman1.

maybe i'm missing something. isn't that what VB does?

add as many projects as required.

dg

Maybe I'M the one who's missing something . . . . . VB seems to allow me to put only a single PTE show (not multiple shows) onto a DVD. Then it instructs me to eject the DVD. At that point, the only alternative I'm left with is to reinsert the DVD and try to add another show, but VB then says the "disc is not empty" and won't accept the new show. Am I using the wrong type of DVD? What am I missing here?

(By the way, the size of the shows is not an issue, since I can readily fit several of my shows on one DVD.)

PS: If/when I figure out how to add multiple shows to the disc, I'm still unclear how I would give the viewer the option to play only selected shows (rather than all of them).

Again, thanks much for any help.

Don