WnSoft Forums

problems with full HD

Gerrit

Hello.

Sorry for the bad english

I have problems displaying full HD video 1920x1080het image is not feeling smooth, I put the show back to 1270x720 there are no problems.

I have a dual core 2.16 and a 256MB video card.

If I have the same image with another thesis RANGE turn I have no problems, and run the video pretty smoothly.

Could it be that settings are wrong?

gerrit

gerrit,

If you are talking about the HD Video for PC and Mac (.mp4 video file):

The smooth playback of .mp4 video is mosly related to CPU/GPU capabilities or the player. Your current system may be struggling to play

HD 1920x1080 because of its higher performance needs.

Have you tried using the PTE Video Converter tool to convert/optimize the HD 1920x1080.mp4 file to a .avi file which may provide less demands and therefore better playback results ?

I was just trying to convert it to AVI, it does give a good picture.

A few weeks ago I had some testing done with smooth video, there was no difference in view between avi and mov files

Now I fast-flowing water, which froze completely. :)

I'm thinking about it some more to the PC, I only use it to take to presentation, s

I doubt between.

a quad-core processor 2.6

or a 1GB card.

Gerrit

Gerrit,

I suspect your graphics card is the weak point. The 7300 is of modest ability compared to more recent cards

I aggree with Peter. I had a XFX 7600 GT for a few years ... it was a wonderful card but it lacked the better HD Video drivers only available to the newer/bigger cards.

Right now I have a Asus GTS 450 (Top Model 925) 1024 Memory. Its just one year old now .. but its a wonderful card for HD Video. Todays price is now modest. Just make sure your case and motherboard has enough room to fit it because its a dual slot. Motherboard needs a PCI-E x16 v2.0 Bus Interface. Has DVI,VGA and Full HDMI connectors. This 450 model requires only one 6 pin power connector whereas the upper power hungry models require 2. Requires a 400-450watt power supply minimum ... I have a 650watt.

post-45-0-57655200-1318275784_thumb.jpg

I'm going to look at it, the price looks reasonable.

The motherboard is an Asus P5K or PCI E 16x, but not 2.0, the map would have to fit, but the difference in effect could possibly be I do not know.

The power supply is 400 watt.het would like to

Gerrit

Gerrit,

The zoom in and out sometimes not flawless was running pretty smoothly now.

Just checking to make sure you have updated using the latest Nvidia drivers and not the original CD drivers supplied ?

What monitor cable connection method ... DVI,VGA, HDMI ?

I use DVI

What is the Response Time of your monitor ?

I have a Samsung 2MS

Gerrit,

Another thought just hit me ... you said your Motherboard does not supply a x16 @ 2.0 Bus. Running the Card at x16 @ 1.0 or 1.1 Bus speed most likely is going to be the root of your issue.

Try using a tool like GPU-Z tool to check what Bus Interface speed the card is actually running.

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/2039/TechPowerUp_GPU-Z_v0.5.5.html

Gerrit,

Seems your PCI-E x16 @ 1.1 Bus is your bottleneck for efficiency and top performance ... more or less a 15% decrease hit overall. Still not too bad for a 2.0 Bus card working in 1.1 Bus.

At least now you know what to shop for later in a Motherboard requirement.

15% think that I was not too bad.

Maybe I still dualcore 2.3 to 2.66 Ouad eg the core q8400, that would be a big step, I move to i5 too expensive considering the use of the PC

I use the PC only for presentation, the rest I do's on a mac pro, a.

Gerrit