WnSoft Forums

Editing music within PTE version 7

colin hill

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody can assist me with the editing of music within version 7.

I am busy with a very big project for an international organization called VATSIM which is an online virtual flying organization.

I have been tasked to do an audio visual for the celebration of their 10th anniversary. The EXE file is 169mb, mainly due

to 4 video clips which I have inserted.

Each video clip has their own sound and what I want is for the music to fade before the beginning of the clip and then continue

after the end of each clip. It does not sound right to have the sound of aircraft in the video clip mixed with the music playing.

I do have to have this completed by the end of this week, so any assistance or advise would be appreciated.

Colin

Colin,

In Project options add a piece (or pieces) of music equal to the whole length of the project.

Click on CUSTOMISE and then on the WAVEFORM Icon.

In the Waveform and Envelope Tool you can click on any part of the waveform and you'll get dotted lines.

You can the drag these to create the "envelope" producing the lowering of volume that you require. You can do this multiple times.

You will need to know the precise times of the lowering and raising of the volume before starting.

DG

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the attachment. I was battling to get it right. I see what one should do. When closing the waveform and envelope tool box,

I assume it has been saved within PTE. I will keep on trying and let you know.

Colin

Colin,

You are not alone in not being able to fully understand these options, that is why I have written a set of 7 pdf tutorials on the basics.

Please visit my website to see if they are of interest to you.

Click HERE

Regards,

Ron West

Colin,

A word of caution?

Please make sure that you are 100% satisfied with your slide order before modifying the Waveform Envelope.

Moving slides after creating an envelope would necessitate starting again with the envelope. The envelope will not automatically adjust.

DG

Dave and Ron,

Thank you very much for your assistance. I finally managed to get this right and have completed my project which has taken

me 3 weeks to put together.

I may one day decide to upload to the forum, though the size of the exe (179mb and 11mins in length) may be too large for

most users of the forum to download.

Colin