WnSoft Forums

SOUND PROBLEM WITH MP4 VIDEO

colin hill

I have purchased a Samsung camcorder and produced a 3min 25sec video which was 348mb in size.

I moved the video to the timeline and received the message that the video needed to be converted for a smoother play back.

Within the video converter, I clicked on the optimizer button and waited until it was completed.

When previewing the video, there was no sound for the first few seconds and then the sound started but was all out of synch.

Could anyone please assist with this problem?

Colin

I have purchased a Samsung camcorder and produced a 3min 25sec video which was 348mb in size.

I moved the video to the timeline and received the message that the video needed to be converted for a smoother play back.

Within the video converter, I clicked on the optimizer button and waited until it was completed.

When previewing the video, there was no sound for the first few seconds and then the sound started but was all out of synch.

Could anyone please assist with this problem?

Colin

Colin,

Are you sure of your figures,ie:- 3min-25s Mp4-Video of 348mB ? ~ Should that not be 34.8mB (which is about right).

To get any Mp4-Video decompiled and converted into something which PTE can use is a very tricky job indeed for the

reason that Mp4 is highly compressed and when one tries to decompress it with most Converters the Soundtrack falls

apart and breaks up. You need to get your Mp4 into something like 'Windows-WMV format' and the only Converter that

I know of which works perfectly is "Any Video Converter". Having said that you need to have its Video Bit-rate set

to something near 6000 (see the Screenshot below). The resultant WMV will be about 1.5 times bigger than the Mp4

and of near same quality as the Mp4 ~ I have been using this Program for nearly 2 years 'fault-free'.

(You might note that I am converting a HD-Mp4 Video 1280x720 pixel and 16:9 Format)

Brian(Conflow)

Download Link: http://snapfiles.com/get/anyvidcon.html

Settings shown in Image below.

post-1416-0-88623100-1321072534_thumb.gi

if you can reproduce the problem with a very much smaller video clip, upload it to mediafire and send the link to igor in a pm with a full explanation. give all details of camera etc.

is it a new model?

dg

Dave,

I am starting out on video now and purchased the camcorder 2 weeks ago. It is a Samsung full HD memory cam HMX-H300SP.

The few videos I have taken have all been in HD. I am yet to take video in SD.

Colin,

Are you sure of your figures,ie:- 3min-25s Mp4-Video of 348mB ? ~ Should that not be 34.8mB (which is about right).

To get any Mp4-Video decompiled and converted into something which PTE can use is a very tricky job indeed for the

reason that Mp4 is highly compressed and when one tries to decompress it with most Converters the Soundtrack falls

apart and breaks up. You need to get your Mp4 into something like 'Windows-WMV format' and the only Converter that

I know of which works perfectly is "Any Video Converter". Having said that you need to have its Video Bit-rate set

to something near 6000 (see the Screenshot below). The resultant WMV will be about 1.5 times bigger than the Mp4

and of near same quality as the Mp4 ~ I have been using this Program for nearly 2 years 'fault-free'.

(You might note that I am converting a HD-Mp4 Video 1280x720 pixel and 16:9 Format)

Brian(Conflow)

Download Link: http://snapfiles.com/get/anyvidcon.html

Settings shown in Image below.

Brian,

The size of the file is correct, 346MB (see attached thumbnail). I have downloaded Any Video Converter and must admit have not

had a chance to use it. As I said above, I am new to video, so this is all a learning curve for me.

I do have a programme called Virtual Dub which can decompress the video into an AVI format, but when viewed, one can see a lot of the quality has been lost.

I am able to use this in PTE. The last few presentations of mine with video, I used Virtual Dub to decompress the videos and had no problem.

Am I correct in saying that PTE does not like MP4 video files and one must convert them to say WMV or AVI?

I will convert this video to WMV and see what happens and let you know.

post-6880-0-57141800-1321080157_thumb.jp

Dave and Brian,

I edited the video file starting from the beginning to 29sec into the video. The size of the file was 11,4MB. I then inserted this

into the timeline and previewed it and it ran smoothly and the sound was in synch.

Could it then be the size of the file that is the problem?

Colin

Dave,

I will edit the file and send to Igor, thanks.

If I use the HD file in PTE, it is jerky and the sound is all out of synch.

Colin

To me, this tends to suggest that it is the Samsung File which is the problem. Which is why I suggested that Igor take a look at it.

I can produce a LARGE H.264 MPEG4 video (1920x1080) from a PTE show.

When I try to insert that into a PTE Project I immediately get a message that it needs to be converted.

If I ignore the message I get a show which stutters a little but is in sync with its sound. If I convert it all is well and still in sync.

You are doing virtually the same thing with a file out of your Samsung but it does not work. I originally had the same problem with MUCH smaller MOV files out of a Nikon L2 compact camera - sound out of sync.

I sent the file to Igor who managed to cure the problem in the next Beta.

DG

P.S. The Video Converter has to be made to work with all Video Clips otherwise there is no point in having the facility within PTE to insert Video Clips. Using a third party converter is definitely NOT the way forward.

To me, this tends to suggest that it is the Samsung File which is the problem. Which is why I suggested that Igor take a look at it.

I can produce a LARGE H.264 MPEG4 video (1920x1080) from a PTE show.

When I try to insert that into a PTE Project I immediately get a message that it needs to be converted.

If I ignore the message I get a show which stutters a little but is in sync with its sound. If I convert it all is well and still in sync.

You are doing virtually the same thing with a file out of your Samsung but it does not work. I originally had the same problem with MUCH smaller MOV files out of a Nikon L2 compact camera - sound out of sync.

I sent the file to Igor who managed to cure the problem in the next Beta.

DG

P.S. The Video Conveter has to be made to work with all Video Clips otherwise there is no point in having the facility within PTE to insert Video Clips. Using a third party converter is definitely NOT the way forward.

Thanks Dave, I will upload edited file to Mediafire and send link to Igor explaining my situation

Colin,

Apology, I couldnt get back to you earlier ~ I had a look at the Data you attached in your last Post and the File was

as you said ~ 384mB.and 14027Kbps at 50Fps ~ Wow !

I was just about to ask you to 'downsize' it to to 1280x720 pixels at 6000Kps and 25.Fps which would have given

you a File-size of 42.mB but Davegee beat me to it. I take Dave's point about a 'bug' in PTE but also Samsung

outputs that File at 50.Fps whereas the HD-TV Standard is 1920x1080 at 25.Fps ~so~ 50.fps doubled the File-size.

Personally speaking ~ I would consider re-setting your Samsung to a less demanding format and/or half its Framerate

this solely to give you a chance of becomming familiar with the Samsung without the worry of added burdens. Anyway you

seem to have it sorted for the time being as far as PC's are concerned, but do look forward to making a genuine TV-DVD

because what you choose to do now will impact on making TV-DVD's in the future, been there,got the T-Shirt etc,etc.

Brian.(Conflow)

P.S. When you have time do try the 'Prism-Converter' its really good and it also converts to AVI + ASF which PTE likes.