WnSoft Forums

convert exe to mp4

wilburke

Hi all,

I wonder if anybody could help me. Since I use PTE Deluxe, I prefer to make mp4's to play from my MediaPlayer.

Unfortunately I have not all PTE-projects of my old slideshows.

Is there a way to convert the exe to mp4?

I'm thinking on a captue program or anything like that.

You definitely do not want to use a screen capture program, the quality will be terrible.

There are numerous software tools that can do this - some of them are free. Here's one link - Google for others....

This will convert to an AVI which you can then load into PTE and export as an MP4....

http://www.freewr.co...to-avi&lid=2767

Best regards,

Lin

I was definitely wrong about the availability of software to convert EXE to video.

That error message makes me think that the converter I linked to is designed to convert SWF EXE to AVI. Unfortunately, there are several "EXE" formats floating around. There are converters which convert Flash SWF and perhaps Flash FLV files into an executable format so that users don't have to have a Flash player in order to see them. From the error message it would appear that this converter is one designed to extract the contained AVI stream from the EXE file rather than convert a pure executable format into a video file. Sorry for pointing you to an incorrect product.

I'll see if I can find anything suitable but you might do an extensive Google search but be sure to read carefully because it appears that most of these EXE to Video converters are simply reversing an SWF to EXE conversion.

Later....

After a pretty extensive search, I can't find anything suitable either. It seems you may be back to your original idea of screen capture. I can help a little here because I have used "most" of the popular screen capture tools. Unfortunately, most of these are not designed to capture really good quality with fast frame rate, but designed for tasks such as education - teaching software and capturing cursor motion and static screens, etc.

Here's a link to one which "might" offer some promise. You can download a free trial and try it....

http://www.solveigmm...CFZIDQAodxkqdIg

Best regards,

Lin

Thanks Lin for your answer. I tried exetoavi but it doesn't work. I get the error 'AVI stream not found in input file'.

any alternatives? I prefer mp4 instead of avi.

Hi Lin and Wilburke,

Lin if you remember (its so long ago) I posted about a Program called "BSR-ScreenRecorder" which I desperately needed

to recover photo-shots from old PTE 4.2 Exe's for the reason that I had a Computer-Wipeout and lost all Media except

those Exe's which were on CD's. It worked well for me with little loss of quality and as I appreciate that you are trying to

help Wilburke but good recapture Programs are like Hen's teeth. The recent 5.52 version of BSR-Recorder is something

else ~ it is really good and it may resolve your searches issue.

Here below is a Link to their Site and attached are a few bits & pieces which may help ~ Not included are the 4.38.mB of

Screenshots which are available on their Site. (I've no idea if they offer a Free-trial)

Brian.(Conflow)

Link:

http://www.bsrsoft.com/index.asp

BSR-KeyFeatures.pdf

post-1416-0-98368300-1321228790_thumb.gi