WnSoft Forums

Creating a show for DVD/TV

Ave J

Hi everyone

I know I am going to be told that this has been done to death in the past but I cannot find anything about it.

I have constructed as I want it to view on my 26 inch 16:10 monitor.

When creating a DVD with video builder for my 16:9 TV all is acceptable when viewing from DVD player via a scart cable so I can control the aspect ratio of the TV. But when sending via an HDMI link the show is stretched .. not dramatically but enough to annoy. With the HDMI link I cannot change the aspect ratio of the TV.

What guidance can you give regarding image sizing, aspact ratio, virtual slide size (ticked or un-ticked)in order to regain some sanity. I have tried many options but with no success. I accept that I will need to make a separate project for the TV.

Settings for the project that works as I want it on the monitor are:

Image size 1200 x 800

Frame size 1920 x 1200 (canvas)

Full Screen

16:10 Aspect ratio of slide

1280 x 800 Virtual size of slide

Fixed size of slide un-ticked

Regards Ave

If your intention is to use HDMI then you have just the one option:

Use 16:9 in place of the 16:10 for your computer.

I struggled for quite some time trying to decide which AR to use to have a decent show on both media.

In the end I decided that I was getting the optimum by sticking with the 16:9 AR for both computer and TV.

Having a black line top and bottom on my computer monitor is FAR better than having black lines left and right on the TV.

I can't really advise you wrt the DVD problem because I gave that up a long time ago in favour of, firstly, HDMI and then MPEG4 via USB Key straight into the TV.

As far as I remember, for the DVD I was using the 16:9 AR with Fixed size of slide unticked. If you are concerned about losing a little each side because of TV Safe Zone go to PO > More and set % of slide etc to around 90%.However you project is taking a terrible quality hit.

DG

P.S. you have another alternative. Have two PTE Projects.

Save your 16:10 project and then save again as a different name. Change the AR to 16:9 for HDMI - your images are 1200x800 so will fit into both AR comfortably.

Also, if your TV has USB see this:

OKI Thanks

Thinking about that.

If I re-make my 16:10 project at 16:9 what do I also do with the fixed slide size options?

How do I burn MPEG4 with Video Builder .. It converts to MPEG2 automatically.

Ave

Using your figures above you ned to use:

16:9 (or 16:10)

1920x1080 (or 1920x1200) - Virtual Size of Slide

Your 1200x800 image then fits in the centre of the 1920x1080 (or 1920x1200).

When you drag an image in go to O&A and click on the word Size to set the 100% size of the image (assuming that your image is 1200x800).

MPEG4 - Publish > HD Video for PC and MAC.

DG