WnSoft Forums

conversion tool for EXE to watch on TV

PestMaster

Hello,

I'm not sure if this question is in the correct section or not...

I have downloaded some of the excellent slideshows from this section and would like to watch them on my TV

Does anyone know of a converter - preferably free - that will convert the EXE file to a format that I can view on TV ??

Thanks in anticipation.

I've tried searching with little success

Thanks

get a graphic card that has an hdmi output and try that

ken

Thanks Ken,but I should have been a little clearer with which way I intended to do it.

My PC is a desktop in another room.

I can transfer the file via usb memory stick or SD card but don't have a direct connection.

Your MEDIA PLAYER in your TV will only play MPEG4 Video.

AFAIK there is no utility which will convert an EXE into an MP4. You also have to ask the question: If it was your EXE would you want someone else converting it into another format? I wouldn't!

The EXE will be of the order of 100Mb for example and the corresponding MP4 would be of the order of 1Gb.

For your own shows use PUBLISH>HD Video for PC and Mac. Transfer to Memory Key and plug into TVs USB slot - then use the TVs Media Player.

For other people's shows you need a PC connected to your TV to play the EXE via HDMI.

DG

Guest Yachtsman1

Hello,

I'm not sure if this question is in the correct section or not...

I have downloaded some of the excellent slideshows from this section and would like to watch them on my TV

Does anyone know of a converter - preferably free - that will convert the EXE file to a format that I can view on TV ??

Thanks in anticipation.

I've tried searching with little success

Thanks

Hi Pestmaster. (You really should change that handle) I'll call you PM from now on.

You don't need a converter to view exe files on your TV. If your TV has a VGA socket or an HDMI socket, you can buy a lead to connect your PC to your TV.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

You also have to ask the question: If it was your EXE would you want someone else converting it into another format? I wouldn't!

DG

Dave, There wasn't anything sinister in this request. I merely thought it would be better to view some of the fine examples in this forum on a widescreen HD Tv instead of a 23 inch HD monitor.

I have viewed my own on TV and that's why I thought it would be better to view others on a larger screen.

Thanks for your interest and help

PM

Hi Pestmaster. (You really should change that handle) I'll call you PM from now on.

You don't need a converter to view exe files on your TV. If your TV has a VGA socket or an HDMI socket, you can buy a lead to connect your PC to your TV.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Eric,

O,K, I get the idea that its not possible and my pc is too far from my tv to use a cable.

It's not really worth buying a laptop to view a few slideshows - unless you'd like to convince my Wife otherwise LOL

So I'll stay with viewing on pc from now

To all - Thanks for all of your comments / suggestions

regards

PM