WnSoft Forums

I Just Drove By....

Lin Evans

An experiment.... There's much more going on in this presentation than is readily apparent. The interesting thing to me is the facility for doing this using PTE to accomplish some of these tasks which would not be possible with most other presentation slideshow software.

For example, the pictures (above the fireplace and on the table) were replaced with ones from my artist friend Lisah. Not as straight forward as it might appear because each of them present issues which require XY and Z axis manipulation because of perspective. PTE made this fairly simple to do. The view through the windows was changed via creation of a PNG transparency then using layers in PTE, the completed image was captured with HyperSnap at higher screen resolution then the jpg was placed in the show replacing the PNG.

There are three "mini-videos" running in masks. The candles, the fireplace fire and I'll let the viewers find the third.... there are also png objects used for overlay in a few places. All in all - an interesting challenge, but PTE was up to it. The purpose of three small videos rather than one large one was to conserve both resources and file size for this show which runs four minutes.

http://www.lin-evans.org/justdroveby/jdbmac.zip (Native MacIntosh exe - about 35 meg)

http://www.lin-evans.org/justdroveby/jdbpc.zip (Windows PC zipped format - about 35 meg)

Lin

Hey Ken,

Good eye! A+ - visual memory C+ Different room - no snow on this one - LOL. The one with snow outside is unchanged as is the bedroom scene for Christmas with snow. I didn't put any in this one because I wanted to keep the file size down and to insure it would work with minimal resources.

Best regards,

Lin

#3 = CHAMPAGNE BUBBLES

KEN

PS

you also took the snowfall out )

Thanks Colin,

Actually, about three hours to get everything correct and PTE shines as always!

Best regards,

Lin

Very cleverly done Lin, I can imagine the amount of work that went into the making of this

and proof, as you said, PTE can handle almost anything.

Colin