WnSoft Forums

DVDs

MalcolmG

Can anyone tell me what I need (hardwear/software) to enable me to produce a DVD from a PictureToExe file please? Currently I have a DVD player and a CD rewriter installed on my computer. I use Roxio Easy CD Creator 5 to burn CD's. If I were to upgrade that software to facilitate the creation of a DVD could that be achieved using my CD rewriter or would I still need to purchase a DVD writer?

Hi Michel,

Yes you will need to buy a DVD burner to record a DV disc. Be careful though! Some DV burners will only play + DV discs and these are not really suitable. Others will only play -DV discs. It is the '+' and the '-' that will make the difference. If posible check before you buy the burner and make sure that it will use BOTH types of disc. I can recommend the PIONEER DVR-A06 This will work well and ptoduces excellent DVD's (with Ulead) but not with Easy CD Creator.

Thank you Michel and Ronnie

I confess that I am getting a little confused. Firstly what is the difference between a DVD and a SVCD?. My Pioneer DVD player will play both. The PTE software only allows a slideshow to be saved as an executable file with a file extension [*.exe] How do I capture/convert it to a [.mpg] file in order to download it onto a CD?

Malcolm for starters see

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums//index...t=ST&f=4&t=1408

and the instructions are in the help file of ver 4.2 beta 1,2,3 and 4

you still have not said if your Pioneer player is also a dvd burner

a cd burner will make a vcd or a svcd but not a dvd

and

i dont know whether ezcd 5 supports dvd creation

ver 6 platinum does

you will either have to read your manual or visit the Roxio site

ken