WnSoft Forums

Shanghai Day & Night

Paul T

This is a collection of photo's taken at the water front in Shanghai and in the old area of the city which is a different world from the wealth of the modern part.This is a fantastic City full of life and colour as you will see from the sequence on the river at night.

Paul

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/

PS I do have more but I don't want to overdose you all on the wonders of China.

Hi Paul,

Great presentation which emphasizes the side of Shanghai which the world sees and the Shanghai in which millions of common people live, work and play. It rather reminds me of Beijing in many ways. The incredible wealth and beautiful structures in juxtaposition to the poverty and common folks who help make it all possible.

Beautiful photos and wonderful to see Shanghai when smog is minimal (in most of the photos). In Beijing, it's difficult to find any day when one can photograph and actually "see" the skyline from any distance.

Thanks for sharing,

Best regards,

Lin

This is a collection of photo's taken at the water front in Shanghai and in the old area of the city which is a different world from the wealth of the modern part.This is a fantastic City full of life and colour as you will see from the sequence on the river at night.

Paul

http://www.beechbrook.com/pte/

PS I do have more but I don't want to overdose you all on the wonders of China.

Pleased you liked it Lin. Yes! I was lucky on that day and when I went to Beijing as well that the polution was not so bad although I had worked on some of the images to reduce a slight haze on the shots across the river to the city buildings.

Paul

Wonderful collection of good sharp images with bags of impact that really captures an atmosphere.

As you quite rightly point out, lot more images, but by keeping things contained you maintain the utility value, leaving the viewer with a desire for more as opposed to feeling force fed.

Great slideshow, thanks for sharing it with us.