WnSoft Forums

Stourbridge Canals

morturn

I have not done much photography for a while, it's been pushed out of the way for a few other things and I feel like I had lost interest in it to a certain degree.

However I was walking this weekend along some of the many canals we have a round Birmingham and the Black country; more than Venice. Built in the mid eighteenth century, they are always a great opportunity to see and immerse yourself in some industrial architecture, something I never lose interest in; the very thing that got me into photography.

This PTE show is a short walk along the Stourbridge Canal, known locally as the crystal mile, Stourbridge crystal glass has long been synonymise with skills and craftsmanship of the highest quality. The canal was a major factor in the transportation of these most delicate goods.

Your thoughts and comments are as always very welcome.

Enjoy

Click here to download

40Meg download

Dave

welcome back.

Did you finish school?

your fades were slower than normal and i had a problem adjusting to them but once i got used to them i was ok - you had a great day to capture the colors and reflections!

great job

you didn't lose your touch -- just like riding a bike :lol:

ken

rick235, I zipped it with WinRar, which in hindsight not everyone uses. Have reloaded it up to the link below.

Click Here To Download

Ken

Nice to see you again, I hope your keeping well?

Yes have finished school, at last. A lot to do, and all for love, but very rewarding, if I lived on your side of the pond, I could become a museum curator; here in the UK I think we take our heritage for granted, and could learn a few things from you guys.

Thanks for your comments, I agree that the transitions are a bit slow, I think I needed about 3 or 4 more slides to fill it out, but the weather did not hold for long enough. Still, a good excuse for getting out down the 'cut' again soon.

Regards

DAVE

congrat's on the school - hope you celebrated :blink:B)

i have had a very busy year

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/topic/12711-sad-news/

i went to school also only a different kind than you - and my schooling never ends it seems, but the forum gives me something to look forward to 24/7

great bunch here

ken

Ken

Firstly my belated condolences on your sad news.

I know that you will hold tight to memories for comfort, lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are cared about.

May your God bless and comfort you and your family.

i went to school also only a different kind than you - and my schooling never ends it seems, but the forum gives me something to look forward to 24/7

great bunch here

The most remarkable thing about me is I am quite unremarkable. Born and bought up on an inner city council estate. Attended a state school and excelled at achieving not one formal qualification, other than earning me a place at the university of hard knocks.

But when I got back, I loved it; spent 11 years at it; will carry on. As you say, great bunch here.

Dave, So good to see you back again!! Yes, it's been ages since we last had a presentation from you. However, you certainly haven't lost your touch. Hope to see much more now that your 'school days' are over. Well for a while at least. Knowing you, you might just try something else!! :D

And congratulation on a successful completion of your recent degree. I remember you saying back when you first started it was going to be challenging. Now on the your next adventure.

All the best,

Bill

Hi there Bill

Good to see you too, I hope you and your family are keeping well.

I am so glad you think I have not lost my touch; I did feel I had lost some photographic inspiration for a while, and had nothing to contribute to what is an excellent forum. But now I have some 'me time', I really enjoyed getting out then spending a few hours working on a show.

The degree has changed the way I look at photographic images, and given me a insight on how people seek to preserve their memories and special moments in time. My message to everyone is keep taking the photos and posting your shows, so in years to come, we can have something to look back upon, and smile.

Regards