WnSoft Forums

Project for a wet day

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have never fully got my head around the animation features in PTE, however, it's raining & I have a little bit of PTE nonsense on the drawing board. I am trying to give the impression of a pair of curtains opening in a theatre. To describe my problem more, I've created an image with the curtains removed from the proscenium as a PNG, I've created two PNG's of the curtains. I've tried adding the curtains first and adding the proscenium then trying to drag the curtains open. But what ever I do, the curtains drag over the proscenium instead of disappearing behind it, I've tried using the "bring to front" command etc etc but no matter which way I try, the curtains remain in front. Can somebody please explain in words I can understand, where I am going wrong, or alternatively where this is described in the manual (I doubt). I have added copies of the images I am using to illustrate my problem. I use version 6.0.4 but know this sort of action was possible before this version.

Yachtsman1 :unsure::unsure::unsure:

PS when panning & zooming using the up & down arrows on the PZR boxes, the effects change very slowly, is there a way to speed them up, or should I just type into the box an amount of change I want?

post-5560-0-43692200-1327415867_thumb.pn

post-5560-0-46956500-1327415928_thumb.pn

post-5560-0-30809500-1327415971_thumb.pn

post-5560-0-06933500-1327416043_thumb.jp

Think of your images as layers in Photoshop. In PTE you need to add them as independent objects (not as parent-child objects). To do this, click repeatedly in the Object List area until the contents of the Tabs above disappear, then Add your next image. Keep a close eye on which object is selected before you add the enxt one. In your case you do not want any of the objects selected.

Having got all the objects added, select one in the Objects List and use Ctrl+Page-up or Ctrl+Page-Down to move it into its correct relative position. Your end game is an Objects List that reads (from top to bottom): Arch, CurtainA, CurtainB.

Then add the animation to the curtain objects.

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric,

Please convey my best wishes for success to the Southport AV Group.

regards,

Peter

Hi Peter, it is an old established group that had not been active for a couple of years, it's run by a guy called Bernard who you have no doubt come across??? They meet in a purpose built building in his garden.

BTW the new LT was delivered this morning, just set it up & this is the first message. Hope to get back to the animation later.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman B)

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Peter

Followed your instructions & the curtains now open correctly. Must say though, I couldn't find that in the manual so how anyone else masters it I don't know?. Thanks for the info, another loose string to my bow.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1. ;)