WnSoft Forums

Clone Keyframe

Tony Falla

It may be a silly question but is there anyway I can clone a keyframe and keep its parameters. I have had the situation lately where I have a fairly large object with a number of adult/child relationships, I already had two or more keyframes for this adult master and wanted to do an insertion between two of them. If I cloned the first keyframe a further keyframe is created .5 sec after that but all the children of this master will have made .5 sec progress to reflect the parameters in the second existing keyframe. I wanted to keep the new keyframe parameters the same as the existing one i.e. I wanted a pause. The only way I can find to do it is to go through all the new keyframe children and reset the appropriate parameters.

Am I missing something?

Tony Falla :)

Hi Tony,

It's really not a silly question at all. Unfortunately, once additional keyframes have been created, the ability to go back and insert a true "clone" of a particular keyframe is lost. You must do it as you have been. If you clone the keyframe "before" adding additional keyframes, all parameters are preserved, except of course the time point on the timeline.

Best regards,

Lin