WnSoft Forums

MICROSOFT WINDOW-8

Conflow

Hi All,

For those of you who are considering the purchase a New-PC or an upgrade of your Existing-PC you

might like to know that Microsoft have released a "Consumer-Preview of Win-8" and a "Free-Issue"

download of an "Evaluation Test-Program" which checks your existing PC for compatibility issues

with Windows-8. This utility lets you know if your current PC is suitable for a Win-8 Upgrade.

Below is a Zip-Link to these Utilities via Snapfiles.com (This Link can connect to Microsoft)

And some Screenshots of Win-8 opening Screens. I hope this is of some use to Forum-Members who

are considering an upgrade of their existing PC-System to enhance their PTE-Program usage.

Brian.(Conflow)

Tom,

Its always a pleasure to get your comments and as far as I can determine Win-8 seems to be a vastly improved

version of Win-7 with better stability and a (new) "MAC-Clone Interface" which seem's to encourage the User

towards the modern "Apps Culture" of doing things. The absence of the 'Start-Button' and 'Shutdown' and the

'Mac-Type Interface' will no doubt confuse many Windows users ~ but like it or not its the way things are going.

Tom, if you have some time could you examine the "Windows to MAC" compatibility issues as I had heard that

Microsoft had talks with Apple about this....there might be some truth in it ~ but I cant confirm it.

Many thanks,

Brian.(Conflow)

Hi Tom,

Many thanks for the 'Tech-Backup Data' ~ much appreciated.

I absolutely agree with you that this new 'Common-Interface' trend is certainly on the Books and Win-8 is no exception.

You may not know that Microsoft developed Win-7 here in Ireland, they have big Software-Utilities here in Co.Dublin.

The local software-gossip certainly pointed to some form of agreement between MS & Apple in trying to get some

type of 'Cross-Platform Adaptor' up and running so to benefit both Corporations ~ I think that would be a great

advantage to both parties and their Worldwide-Customer base. To me some form of 'Bootcamp' might emerge.

There seems to be a lot of interest in the "Win-8 Preview-Program" because up to today there has been an amount

of downloads from my No#1 Post above. Respectively 67~85~77~50 of each Image and 20 Program downloads.

Best of "Luck" with your intended future choice of OP-System ~ I dont envy you with that job.

Brian.(Conflow)

• 2 weeks later...