WnSoft Forums

Size of PTE Exe Files

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I don't enable the nav bar but always state the run time of my shows. Enabling the nav bar doesn't give that info until the show has been downloaded.

Yachtsman1.

If you have to look at the nav bar to determine how much longer you are going to have to view the show, then all is lost already. Its clear by then that the author has lost your attention and you may as well hit the escape key.

If you see your about to download a 15 minute slide show, I would suggest that many would decline from doing so. The simple reasons are that its very rare for shows of that length to be good enough to keep us watching. However, there will be exceptions, so I would give any show or demo a go because it might just have the wow value and inspiration we often look for in other peoples work.

Tom

Yes, we are travelling a long way from home and I did not take my home contact details so I logged on with a new account. It wasn't done for devious reasons, but it was fun for a while, but nothing changes does it.

It's also interesting that I virtually got told to bugger off on my first post, just because I didn't agree with the establishment. :rolleyes:

We are currently in Sydney because we were invited to give a series of talks to Clubs in the Sydney area. We have done 4 so far with the last one at Mosman CC tonight. One was a dedicated presentation demo, so PTE played the largest part of that, but I include PTE in all my demos. Last night we were at St George CC, which is a large club close to Botany Bay. Tonight I have one last one at Mosman and then we start heading the 1000k back home. Sold some PTE software disks and introduced it to a number of new people.

By the way, I had to log on with an account while I am away, because to read all the threads when we get back after 3-4 weeks may be a bit daunting. :lol:

Hi Barry

Enjoy Sydney - such a beautiful place & give my best wishes to AV friends over there :)

Good to know you're getting over your phobia about Camera Clubs tongue.gif Lol

You may yet join one ! biggrin.gif

Things moving forward fast in UK AV scene too busy to post often.

Best Wishes to you & Carol

Maureen

Sydney is a great city to visit, but I am glad I don't live here, too busy and reminds me of London with all the traffic, but some great pictures to be had around the harbour. We move on the this morning back north and will spend the next week traveling along the Pacific Highway stopping at interesting locations.

I am a member of a Camera club here, we joined Noosa CC on the Sunshine Coast just after arriving here and Carol is president of the club. We have revolutionised their way of running competitions using PTE to present pre judged images. It works a treat.

By beef with clubs are the stupid rules they apply for no purpose, just like some try to do here. As soon as PTE allowed video to be introduced one club here who run an anual AV competition have banned it in slide shows. That is an example of the crazy rules I refer to, but it gets worse. The rule states

That no video over 10 fps can be used in a slide show. How will the organisors be able to tell for a start. Never a good idea to impose rules you don't have any hope of policing is there?

I think they ended up dropping the rule that even told authors what level they must save their jpeg images at to enter the competition.

A funny thing happened last night and I thought of you...... At the end of my demo at Mosman CC, two people came over to ask what speaker system I used because the sound quality was so good. It was of course the Ergo system you recommended to me some years ago. It was a big Hall with about 60 people present and the sound was as good as ever. One took a link to their web site with a view to buying a set.