WnSoft Forums

Buttons

Steveramsden

Steve:

Welcome to PTE. I think you will find it a great software and lots of help at the forum (usually better than what I am about to say ;) )

There was a discussion on this and several softwares suggested several months ago.

You might want to try doing a search (bottom right corner) for buttons

But I suspect someone who contributed at that time will come along and provide more definitive thoughts than me

Steve

There have been various threads on buttons, even quite recently. Go to Search and key in "Buttons" in the box Search by Keywords. You should find some help there.

Ron [uK]

This thread asking about buttons and the Object Editor has prompted me to place on the Beechbrook site a very short demonstration sequence for opening a show. It is called “Intro Demo”. Thank you Bill for your perseverance in helping me in finally getting a sequence on your site.

I am grateful to Keith and Ian for their initial advice on how to use the Object Editor and to Nobeefstu and CC for pointing me in the right direction in the use of invisible buttons. The thread “Object Editor – Invisible Button Bounding Box” relating to the latter was on 11 October 2003. All of the images were prepared in Photoshop.

Ron [uK]

El

Thanks. I have had a quick look at Buttonmania but not downloaded. It looks to be a useful tool and one that Steve may be after.

However my "Intro Demo" is designed to show what can be achieved as an introduction to a full programme of sequences without having to go back to the Desktop showing on screen after each sequence or an array of buttons. I would like some comments on that from members of the forum.

I have produced a similar intro using a page from a travel brochure. Clicking on say Day 1 for the holiday opens up a sequence for that day.

Ron [uK]

Ron:

Using the OBJECT EDITOR in the way you have is a great way to run shows. I have used it frequently, sometimes using small images from the shows as button/icons. We use it all the time when showing AV shows at our Camera Club.

It is a great tool when providing several shows on a CD to friends/customers etc, use the autostart files which bring up the "launch page" for as many shows as want.

If you are not using synched shows, you can do the same thing on any page within a show. I just did that with a complex show that is run manually, but has some 200 OBJECT Editors on over 100 pages. The links are to 106 AV shows, many of which are synched shows on their own.

As you know we can now launch an application at the end of a synched show, so you can place a page such as yours at the end of a synched show if you need/want to.

And best of all Igor is hoping to have OBJECTS soon that will stay in position regardless of screen resolution.

Thanks Jim

I have experimented with Advanced>Run Application after Last Slide, but not used it on the ground. However your post has prompted me to have a thorough look at the alternatives available in Objects Editor and I have now placed "Run Application & Exit" over the last sequence of the programme instead of "Run Application or Open File". This takes me straight back to my Desktop for closing down my equipment. My equipment is a Royale all in one projection system so my slide screen is my monitor and in full view of the audience.

On my "Intro Demo" I see that I have said "Click Exit to Finish" when I meant "Click Esc to Finish". I also see now that I could have put an invisible button over the Moon and used "Exit" in the Objects Editor.

Ron [uK]