WnSoft Forums

Hubble Slideshow Intro...

Lin Evans

O.K. - second childhood? LOL - who cares.... This is just a fun intro for a planned slideshow on the images captured by the Hubble Orbiting Telescope and Camera. It consists of a StarShip Console with instrumentation and a flight from Earth past the Moon, Saturn, Jupiter, etc., into the Milky Way and through the Carina Nebula, a distance of between 7 and 10 Light Years. Of course to navigate such a tremendous distance requires warp speeds vastly exceeding the speed of light. We leave Earth at sub-light speed, past the moon then accelerate to warp 2 and approach the Carina Nebula. Once we enter the vast nebula, we accelerate to warp 6 then exit the other side where we slow again to sub-light cruising speed. We encounter some space anomaly and an errant planet resembling Venus, then cloak for our return and see the first two slides of what will be about a 70 slide show ending abruptly, for now.

It's a long journey, even at supra-light speed and takes about seven minutes, but made for an interesting construction. About 43 meg download for those interested in child-like things.....

http://www.lin-evans...flightintro.zip (Windows PC zipped exe)

http://www.lin-evans...ghtintromac.zip (MacIntosh native exe)

Lin

SPACE, MY FINAL FRONTIER.

Lin -

I love space scenes. :rolleyes:

Greg

Hey Davy,

We defeated the Klingons several hundred years ago and adopted their cloaking technology for the Starship Papa Tango Echo. Warp 6 is now a different technology than old warp factors which were based on warp drives which could only partially warp timespace. With our new warp drives, warp six is now equivalent to warp 60 in the days of Scotty and Captain Kirk. Phasers were outlawed in the 47th century and now we have peace in the galaxy. The interplanetary commission holds an annual historical review to discuss the reasons for wars and disputes. It was a hundred years ago when they concluded that not drinking enough good single malt brew was causing a mis-alignment in the molecular structure of all lifeforms and good single malt liquors are now required by interplanetary law at least three times daily. With proper work/life balance and a ready supply of delicious single malt, life is good!

Live Long and Prosper!

Lin

Lin,

This show is crying out for Klingons.

Warp six is for wusses.We need warp factor 11 and

of course the cry of a Scotsman " She canny take take much more of this Captain".

Phaser fire wouldn't go amiss either. :lol:

Davy

Hey Davy,

Thanks for the promotion! Actually, I'm only the Captain. I have some good single malt we could share and discuss the phaser - maybe stun would be good as long as you don't partake of too much of that single malt and accidentally "stun" yourself - LOL

Later dude,

Lin

Greetings Commander,

Looks like I overdid the deep sleep again.

Maybe I need some Single malt tonic to correct the imbalance of my molecular structure.

Rather than give up my phaser,I will just keep it on stun. :lol:

Davy

Hi Colin,

Thanks - it was improved a good bit in the Hubble show - if you have the time check it out at:

http://www.lin-evans.org/sample/spaceflight.zip (about 78 meg)

Best regards,

Lin

Hi Lin,

That was fantastic and well done. One can just imagine the amount of work that went into producing the show.

A keeper for me.

Colin