WnSoft Forums

Ports du Bassin d'Arcachon

dadou

Hi Daniel,

Those are beautiful photos - it seems a place the birds love also and probably because there are lots of tasty snacks to eat! The panorama was excellent and this looks like a great place to visit. Do people live in the little houses along the shore or are these places where they work to select oysters?

In Tahiti, on the little atolls such as Manihi where the main business is the pearl oyster, there are tiny houses out in the lagoons where the pearl "farming" in done. There work is done during the day, but nobody actually lives in the little shacks, just a place to work.

Thanks for a wonderful view of life in Bassin d' Arcachon!

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Daniel

Great pictures again, however on my machine (PC) the long pan & the end titles stuttered badly. Also on the down side I thought the loud crescendos in the music didn't have any relevence to the pictures on the screen. :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Daniel

Great pictures again, however on my machine (PC) the long pan & the end titles stuttered badly. Also on the down side I thought the loud crescendos in the music didn't have any relevence to the pictures on the screen. :(

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Hi Daniel

I hate giving negative feedback as I wanted to keep your show, so I've just watched your show again from the zip file on my HD, the effect I termed as stuttering is now severe moire on the long pan from the shack roofs, the stuttering on the end titles has disappeared. As an experiment, can you open your original long pan in the Objects & Animation screen, click the properties tab & set the Sharper/Smoother box to +100 & see if the moire disappears.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Thank you Bill for your appreciation and hosting .

Lin : this area is famous for the quality of its cuisine ...Many hunting and fishing people ; there is a photo that shows a palombière; this type of hunting, to my knowledge, is only practiced in this region. People does not live in this little houses ; now , they are used to set the equipment and spend the day with family . Remember : we are in the south of wine Bordeaux production ...:rolleyes:

The oysters do not produce pearls .... Their destination is to be eaten and reproduction ; spat is set on tiles whitewashed ( local manner ) and sent to other regions of production .

Eric : I just have a very little moire on a roof ; I had try to put it off , but , finaly , I prefered to conserve it with good good sharpness ; perhaps a problem of capacity of the PC ? I just put it on other PC ( laptop ) and no more problem .. Thank for your comment .

Sorry for my poor english ; I hope that google translation has help me !!

daniel

Daniel,

This was an area I had not seen or heard of before.

Davy

Thank you , Davy .

This area is a familar one in a great part ; Bordeaux is near and a great number of families has a boat and/or a house there .

The climate there is very good during the winter .

The northern part of the basin is a quiet place of residence for many personalities.

This part is the domain of fishermen and hunters .

Best regards

daniel

Hello Daniel

Superb shots depicting very well the particular atmosphere of this site as the visitors flow is at is minimum.

Colors are very nice.

The panoramic is beautiful and very smooth... I wish I could do same with mines!

Thanks for sharing

Patrick

Thank you , Patrick .

You are right : a special atmosphere ; they name this coast the "silver coast" .

Panoramic is very useful ; I think , to show the "ambiance" of a place .

Thank for your kind comment .

daniel