WnSoft Forums

How to register?

Mzee

Hie,

I have just purchased the PictureToExe and received a cryptical e-mail about registration. It tells about an attachement and a pte.txt file that should be loaded. There is no such attachment with the e-mail I received and no replies from the support center about how to correct the problem. I cannot use the program without registration. What to do...?

Mzee

Mzee,

Alot of times this happens due to your own open Mail settings.

Try this even though you can not see the file attachment :

Open the Mail and from the top left drop down menu of the Window..... Click tab File ... then click Save Attachments

Even though you may not actually see it ... you can sometimes still save the attachment ( if it actually exists) using that function.

Mzee,

Welcome to PTE and to the Forum! As Stu says, this is a common problem.

What email program (and version number) are you using? Are you using Outlook Express 6.00, or a web-mail system such as Yahoo?

If you are using "Outlook Express 6.00", there is an option for excluding attachments that might contain harmful files.

Usually you can still see that an attachment is there (there should be a little paper clip icon to the left of the file). However, if you have checked "Options / Security / Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened.......", you will not be able to open or save it, even if you use "File / Save attachements".

To Al and Stu,

Thanks! Normally I have no problem retrieving attachments (if there is one). Stu: I do not quite follow how to do the procedure you are suggesting. I am using Eudora 6.0

At the end of the e-mail reply I received from from PictureToExe, the following message appears. I cannot make sense out of it:

http://www.wnsoft.com

support@wnsoft.comREGEDIT4

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\PTE] "Key" = ***

Any clue?

regards

Mzee

Mzee,

As to this :

I do not quite follow how to do the procedure you are suggesting

What Im saying here is that even though you dont see any Attachment icon in your Mail window view/attachment listbox .... the attachment may actually be in there ... but its being auto previewed by your settings used.

It seems to me you have the attachment in your e mail ... because its previewed in your message.

Im not aware of Eudora 6.0 tab functions/layout ... but try to :

Open the Mail and from the top left drop down menu of the Window..... Click tab File ... then click Save Attachments

Alot of auto previewed attachments in messages are still attachments that are Saveable to where you like (My Documents etc)

Mzee,

Another option in Outlook Express 6.0 is "Read all messages in plain text". This is an excellent safeguard against malicious HTML, etc., in the SPAM messages everyone is getting these days.

However, it could also be doing something with your attachment from WnSoft's registration provider.

If you have an option like this activated in Eudora, try temporarily resetting it to allow full HTML, and see if this makes a difference with the way the attachment is viewed.

Hie again Stu and Al,

Stu...I followed your suggestion and I think you were right about the hidden attachement. I managed to save the (invisable) attachement "Pictures ToExe registration". However, when selecting this file for the registration procedure I get the message: "invalid or damaged key". Seems problems never end...

I realise it was a stupid move to include my key ID in my previous message (I was not aware this was the real thing). But how do I remove it from existing message?

Mzee

Mzee,

Just click on "Edit" at the top right-hand corner of your message. Edit the message, then click on "Submit modified post".

Edit:

Send another message to WnSoft, and ask them to resend the registration file as a ".zip" file instead of just a text file. It seems these text files cause problems once in a while in recipients' email systems.

Mzee,

Sorry your getting off to a rough start here.

If your getting a invalid key message ... see if the contents of your newly saved key txt file has :

support@wnsoft.com in its content. If it does remove it by editing it out.

Your Key file should begin with :

REGEDIT4 at the very top of the document. Followed by a blank line space ... then the key info on the following lines below it

Just trying to get you started a little quicker ... till support replies to your issue.

• 2 weeks later...

Mzee, and anybody else who has this problem.

1. Highlight the key on your e-mail, starting at the first digit: thus

"Key"=" 1st Digit.

2. Copy the whole string of digits to your clipboard.

The way to do this is to right-click on the highlighted string of digits, then click copy.

3. Open notepad, and paste. Then save as.

4. Start Pic to Exe and follow registration proceedure. When you are asked to open your key, choose the saved file.

This worked OK for me.

Hope it solves your problems.

Neilj

:D