WnSoft Forums

STOURHEAD REVISITED

Probably still in my miasma phase, so I thought I spend the time adding and revamping previous efforts of visits to Stourhead. I’ve tried hard to harmonise the slides to the music but as my technical knowledge of music is close to zero, I may not have succeeded. Comments and suggestions from those with better knowledge would be much appreciated.

PC Download

Mac Download

Hi Mickp,

Good saturation

Good natural framing on most of the images

Good pans and zooms

Check your depth of field on some images as far distance is not sharp on a couple of images

Great music

Thanks for showing

Rick

Well if this is your miasma phase, please continue with it until further notice.

Great sequence of really bright colorful images well framed and presented. Good use of the pan and zoom and show timings.

I can understand you using the background for the titles, but I think something more solid, perhaps a colour from the background would have made a bit more impact. Don’t forget to credit the music and yourself too.

Great show, thanks for sharing it with us.

Thanks for your comments.

Ken - I have put some of the shots on the calendar I produce for relatives , no money in that though.

Rick - I have checked some of the settings and yes, some of them could have been tweaked to get greater DOF. Must be more careful next time - thanks.

Mortum - The opening title has changed a number of times. The single colour seemed very harsh against the dark green. Maybe I'll add some texture to a single colour. The music was from Spring Symphonies by Brian Cain with lots more detail to define it. "Spring" seemed a bit incongruous so maybe "Music by Brian Crain" would suffice.

I tried to pick out the crescendos in the music by using a Circle from Centre transition for that particular slide. Any other suggestions?

Mick

Just a question: Why didn't you try to revise the narration given in your version from November 2011? :rolleyes:

Regards,

Xaver

Hi Xaver,

I did revise it in December see my post in 'Stourhead in Autumn' dated 2nd December (sorry don't know how to do a link).There was still some thought from others that the music was too loud but by that time I had had enough. Time has passed and I will dig it out and have another look which is always worthwhile. In the meantime, have you any suuggestions on the harmonising the music in the current show? Bear in mind that I know nothing about music technicalities.

... In the meantime, have you any suuggestions on the harmonising the music in the current show? Bear in mind that I know nothing about music technicalities.

In this show, I like the positions of the transitions (in most cases). Often you have chosen long transition times, which do not ask that much for a particular point of time, and they suit well. In general, there isn't much theory to learn. I can only recommend to learn to listen to the music. Is there a kind of climax (?), but also: what are the local strong parts (normally the first beat of a bar). Find out if you have a three-four time, four-four time etc. Try to beat the time like a conductor. While doing that, look at your transitions, and judge if you like them, easy? I often use shorter transition times, and normally I synchronize them to beat 1. :)

Best regards,

Xaver