WnSoft Forums

PTE Converted Video Parameters

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I have been trying to edit a video clip from our trip to Salford Quays. All I want to do is to mute the clip's sound, (lots of wind noise) I edited the clip in Video Pad & eventually managed to get rid of the original sound. I then saved it via Video Pad, the sound had gone but so had the quality, it was jerky. The original & the PTE converted clip ran smoothly in the show. It was the PTE converted version I edited in Video Pad. Should I have used the camera original? Or could I use the PTE conversion parameters when saving the muted clip??? :unsure::blink: Screen shot of clip properties attached.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-28423300-1336666908_thumb.jp

Hi Eric,

There is no need to edit your clip to mute the sound. Just put the original or converted clip in PTE, go to Objects and Animations Properties Tab and click beside "Mute Audio."

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

There is no need to edit your clip to mute the sound. Just put the original or converted clip in PTE, go to Objects and Animations Properties Tab and click beside "Mute Audio."

Best regards,

Lin

Well bust my braces, I thought there may be something in PTE sound editing that would do it but thought it may mute all the sound. :P

Thanks Lin

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

PS, unfortunately I've up-loaded the show with the original video st, but will re-do it later.

Hi Eric,

Do you just want to attenuate the sound, or "mute" the sound? The PTE mute actually "mutes" or "kills" the sound completely. To attenuate or diminish the volume level, you would need to do it in a video editor, but I assumed when you said you wanted to "mute" the sound you meant stop it entirely which is generally what "mute" means.

Best regards,

Lin

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

Yes I wanted to mute the sound on the video clips which I've since done, the wind was howling & the on camera mike couldn't cope. I've done what you said & all is now fine. Unfortunately I had already uploaded it to Mediafire so the wind noise is still on the clip on here. Done a new one for my files.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Hi Lin

Yes I wanted to mute the sound on the video clips which I've since done, the wind was howling & the on camera mike couldn't cope. I've done what you said & all is now fine. Unfortunately I had already uploaded it to Mediafire so the wind noise is still on the clip on here. Done a new one for my files.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

Eric,

Be careful with your (background) Sound-clips taken with the inbuilt Mic on your FZ-150. You can certainly "Mute" them as Lin suggested

but leave them in place as they are required by the AVCHD-System. (Look at your Camera-Manual) if the streams are removed or deleted you

will get 'jerky' Video. Its recommended that you simply shut the microphone ~ apology for the intrusion ~ But a word in time etc, etc.

Brian.(Conflow)

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Brian

I'm recording in MP4 now, the AVCHD clips were too large for my liking & made the shows over 100MB, plus others had troubles running them smoothly so the last few I've made are MP4. It is my intension to either use my Olympus recorder as a mike or buy a video mike. Just need the funds for a video mike, Still not convinced I need to sell my D90 to raise money for add ons, still not convinced about video & PTE.

Regards Eric.