WnSoft Forums

Better control Audio track from an video clip when mixing with music M

Hello

I very often mix photo and short video sequence in my slideshows.

I also add some ambiance music (MP3) along the slideshow. But when video is inserted, sometime I want to keep original audio track from my video and make the music mp3 "Pauzed" and then resumed after the video clip

The only way to do this, is to finish the slide show. Write accurately the different sequences timestamps

Use audacity to play with the different tracks (mp3 / audio_from_Video) and use timestamp to create a new unique audio track to be inserted in P2E.

This is very heavy !!

Can we have an option, when video track is inserted in P2E, to manage easily the different audio source ?

Thank you

Hi Thomas,

Although there is presently no way to manipulate the audio on a video clip other than to mute it (this will be addressed in the next issue of PTE), it actually, isn't too difficult to achieve what you describe right now with PTE - Audacity isn't needed. There are at least two ways to accomplish this with PTE. The way I would approach this is as follows.

First complete the slideshow and pay no attention to the audio - that is run your PTE audio mp3 background "and" your video complete with audio. Next, carefully look at the precise time your video clip begins and ends. Next, duplicate the PTE MP3 on the same track (insert the same audio selection twice). On the first iteration, use either the waveform envelope or simply the "duration" of the PTE track and the fade out feature to fade out at the precise time the video clip begins. Then for the second iteration (duplicate MP3) set the audio to begin at the precise place on the mp3 time where the track one ended and fade in at the precise time the video clip is expiring.

This may "sound" complex, but really is quite easy to do and involves start times, duration and offset.

Please download and watch my AVI tutorials # 25 and # 27 here for clarification and instructions on precisely how to achieve this:

http://www.learnpte....earn/learn.html (click on "tutorials) for # 27 In this zipped archive are both a PTE sample to play with and an exe format tutorial.

Best regards,

Lin