WnSoft Forums

PTE 5.6 Vimeo Sign In Problem

isabel95

I successfully updated a video to YouTube, but when I try to upload to Vimeo it won't accept my sign-in data and a box comes up with "Name" in it.

Can this be corrected?

Isabel

post-851-0-33234800-1336855959_thumb.jpg

Hi Isabel,

Long time ... Glad to see you back here!

Actually, it's no longer possible to directly upload to Vimeo because they refused to release their new and changed API protocols with some lame excuse, and attempted to "hold up" users for fees. In general, it was an unsatisfactory situation which prevented both Wnsoft and Photodex (Proshow Gold and Proshow Producer) users from automatic uploads.

In order to upload to Vimeo, you will have to create your MP4 and upload manually as in days before the automatic upload capabilities. There was a good bit of discussion about this issue when it first happened. The principals of Vimeo apparently don't particularly care for slideshow people and are courting only video producers. They gave a really poor excuse that they thought it was "too easy" for slideshow people to violate copyrights (ignoring that it is just as easy to "copy and use" video clips as it is to copy and use still images.).

In short, some of us including myself have simply boycotted Vimeo since. I got the distinct impression that we were not welcome there unless we wanted to pay them so I pulled all my support for that venue. This, of course, is my personal opinion and in no way reflects any official view by Wnsoft, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Thank you, Lin.

I am a little rusty in how to create the mp4.

I guess I am a few versions behind with PTE and probably should update, but the older I get the more reluctant I am to upgrade programs because it means I have to learn a new interface.

I am a paying member of Vimeo and don't use it all that much, actually. I think it's stinky that they don't allow direct uploads and should think about not renewing when my contract is up.

I went hiking today with some friends and wanted to go light so I took a little digicam with me - thought it would be nice to put together a quick show for them and dusted off PTE.

My friend was so impressed that last time I spoke to him he was trying out the program and said it was easy to use (He's in the computer field). Wanted to know how to fade out music - I don't recall that being a feature of my version - suggested Audacity - but when you use that on an mp3 file the sound really degrades when you resave it as an mp3. Also wanted to know how to zoom in and out and I haven't done that because anything involving animation has given me agita.

Can you tell me what features the latest version has that are irresistible?

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

Long time ... Glad to see you back here!

Actually, it's no longer possible to directly upload to Vimeo because they refused to release their new and changed API protocols with some lame excuse, and attempted to "hold up" users for fees. In general, it was an unsatisfactory situation which prevented both Wnsoft and Photodex (Proshow Gold and Proshow Producer) users from automatic uploads.

In order to upload to Vimeo, you will have to create your MP4 and upload manually as in days before the automatic upload capabilities. There was a good bit of discussion about this issue when it first happened. The principals of Vimeo apparently don't particularly care for slideshow people and are courting only video producers. They gave a really poor excuse that they thought it was "too easy" for slideshow people to violate copyrights (ignoring that it is just as easy to "copy and use" video clips as it is to copy and use still images.).

In short, some of us including myself have simply boycotted Vimeo since. I got the distinct impression that we were not welcome there unless we wanted to pay them so I pulled all my support for that venue. This, of course, is my personal opinion and in no way reflects any official view by Wnsoft, etc.

Best regards,

Lin

Decided to upgrade figuring I was way out of date...then had trouble with paying - got a message asking if I wanted to continue because it was an insecure connection, but the address was an https address...next I get an error message from PayPro that an error occurred while processing. Contacted them and hopefully will get the purchase straightened out.

Thanks for the previous info!

Isabel

Thank you, Lin.

I am a little rusty in how to create the mp4.

I guess I am a few versions behind with PTE and probably should update, but the older I get the more reluctant I am to upgrade programs because it means I have to learn a new interface.

I am a paying member of Vimeo and don't use it all that much, actually. I think it's stinky that they don't allow direct uploads and should think about not renewing when my contract is up.

I went hiking today with some friends and wanted to go light so I took a little digicam with me - thought it would be nice to put together a quick show for them and dusted off PTE.

My friend was so impressed that last time I spoke to him he was trying out the program and said it was easy to use (He's in the computer field). Wanted to know how to fade out music - I don't recall that being a feature of my version - suggested Audacity - but when you use that on an mp3 file the sound really degrades when you resave it as an mp3. Also wanted to know how to zoom in and out and I haven't done that because anything involving animation has given me agita.

Can you tell me what features the latest version has that are irresistible?

Isabel

Hi Isabel,

Actually, it is well worth the upgrade. As with all versions, the upgrade to the basic PTE program is free and you only need to pay for the two year cycle upgrade of Video Builder.

There are lots of great new features which you will enjoy. To begin with, audio now can be faded in and out, you can have multiple tracks and even a waveform envelope to visually handle synchronization with images. It's possible to set where to begin within a song and also to set fade-in and fade-out. You can do many neat things with audio and there will be even more improvements with version 7.5 which will begin beta testing before long.

We can now drop in video clips and treat them like any other object. This means it's possible to size, position, use three dimensional transfers and lots of other neat things. PTE now has built in masking and borders around images, etc.

Zooming in and out and panning are very easy to do as well as myriad other things which were not available early on. Once you get version 7.0 up and running, you may want to avail yourself of the many free tutorials available. I have created over 40 myself which will help you quickly learn the ropes. I will give you two links. The first is a "shortcut" to my own tutorials which are here on the forum as well as on my own website. Mine are in avi format so you can watch and listen while I walk you through the various features and how to accomplish different goals. There are numerous other tutorials as well and it's worth looking at them in no particular order since they are mostly independent of each other and don't make too many assumptions about prior experience.

http://www.learnpte.com (click on Tutorials link - this is on my website)

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/forum/8-tutorials-and-articles/ (internal link to all tutorials)

Best regards,

Lin

Sorry I haven't responded sooner - I haven't been receiving email notification of replies - Just noticed it says "You are currently receiving email notification of replies". Wonder why I didn't get this one.

My neighbor, who is trying PTE, was wondering about audio fade and zooming - he will be happy to hear those are included.

Hi Isabel,

Actually, it is well worth the upgrade. As with all versions, the upgrade to the basic PTE program is free and you only need to pay for the two year cycle upgrade of Video Builder.

There are lots of great new features which you will enjoy. To begin with, audio now can be faded in and out, you can have multiple tracks and even a waveform envelope to visually handle synchronization with images. It's possible to set where to begin within a song and also to set fade-in and fade-out. You can do many neat things with audio and there will be even more improvements with version 7.5 which will begin beta testing before long.

We can now drop in video clips and treat them like any other object. This means it's possible to size, position, use three dimensional transfers and lots of other neat things. PTE now has built in masking and borders around images, etc.

Zooming in and out and panning are very easy to do as well as myriad other things which were not available early on. Once you get version 7.0 up and running, you may want to avail yourself of the many free tutorials available. I have created over 40 myself which will help you quickly learn the ropes. I will give you two links. The first is a "shortcut" to my own tutorials which are here on the forum as well as on my own website. Mine are in avi format so you can watch and listen while I walk you through the various features and how to accomplish different goals. There are numerous other tutorials as well and it's worth looking at them in no particular order since they are mostly independent of each other and don't make too many assumptions about prior experience.

http://www.learnpte.com (click on Tutorials link - this is on my website)

http://www.picturestoexe.com/forums/index.php?/forum/8-tutorials-and-articles/ (internal link to all tutorials)

Best regards,

Lin