WnSoft Forums

Panda Lite

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

First the title, Panda Lite is a cut down version of Panda Me, which is a 15 minute compilation of Youtube videos & our images, Panda Lite is minus the Youtube stuff which boosted the file size to 350MB, way above my limit.

The title refers to our new car, readers of my rubbish may remember we converted a van last year then swopped it for a car. We've had the car for a year so decided to have a change & decided on the new Fiat Panda Pop. We checked out around 8 different cars in this price range including the quirkily named VW Up before deciding. It is in the low emissions/tax bracket & will hopefully last us the next 5 years. We wanted some pictures of the car to send to family & friends & decided to compile a fun show for them. Incidentally, having been diagnosed with a heart murmer last year & told to shed some weight, you may notice I am gradually losing my trousers during the shoot, the killer shot was edited out to protect the innocent.

Mechanics

30MB mediafire download. Run time 1m 40s, 24 images, 3 video clips. 16-9ar slide size fixed, keyboard activated. 3 music tracks edited in Audacity.

I fully expect comments from the forum wags, just remember the topic description. In deference to Stephen Spielberg.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken

The version with the Utube vids is better, especially set to crazy Frog. The best one is here.

Henry Ford must be rolling in his grave.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

link removed by author, PM me if you want the link.

Hey Eric,

So how the heck do you "sleep" in the FIAT (Fix it Again Ted) - LOL. Actually, a really nice looking ride but now you will have to pay the Bed and Breakfast fees when you travel.

It looks like there is plenty of room for all the camera gear. Actually, you could probably put my "travel car" in there in the back seat - HA! Here's mine:

Depending on whether I'm going alone or with company - either will fit in my trailer..... LOL.

Best regards,

Lin

travelpair.jpg

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Rick

I think there are many more proficient videoers out there, if you go to Youtube & clik on New Panda there must be 50 videos, some really funny. The link I added to Ken's reply was one of many.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Eric

i plumb forgot to mention, next time you are going to do a dance wear suspenders -- you are liable to get a grievance from the plumber's Union ;)

ken

I have to wear them now, but not in public without a jacket, either that or punch some more holes in my belt. BTW they are braces in the UK ;) Suspenders or sussies are for stockings or in olden days before grip tops, socks.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Eric,

Nice quality stills and video. Looks like the FZ150?

Manual transmissions are less popular over here. I doubt if 10% of cars and suvs use manual transmissions. The only Fiat we can buy is the Fiat 500. The amount of factory automation is incredible. I would not want to be starting my career as a blue collar worker. Automation is cheaper than paying a union worker a pension.

Thanks,

Tom

Hi tom

Yes it's the Panasonic apart from one shot my wife took of me with her Nikon D40. It was a very sunny day so in some shots the car was in shadow but the on board flash & IA handled it, The exif on some shots show shutter speed at 1/1600th & F8. The Fiat factory is a prime example of why technology is causing mass unemployment.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.