WnSoft Forums

Maybe I "pushed" PTE a bit too much!

isabel95

Was in contact with him via email and his provider has cancelled his service due to heavy traffic! I wish I hadn't mentioned beechbrook on so many of my photo forums...mea culpa.

Bill has been so extremely generous allowing us to upload huge files without a fee.

I know I've supported him with a couple of donations because I've used up a lot of space. Have you thought about sending him a donation? (Of course the site is down now and there's no way to do it over the internet, so you'll have to find another way.

Isabel

Beechbrook.Com will return as soon as the 'so called' Network Administrators understand that it is not a coding error (as they have reported) that is causing a server overload. My programmers have gone over the code and so far have found no errors. Sorry for this downtime. We'll return as quickly as possible.

I believe the real issue is as follows: My bandwidth usage has jumped from around 13 gigabytes per month in March 2003 to between 26 to 28 gigabytes in November. Then it jumped to a whopping 31 gigabytes for December 2003 (with 5 days out of the month not even reporting data).

Space is not an issue. I believe at this point it's simply bandwidth. Whatever the case turns out to be some changes will probably have to take place in order to continue the quality of service I hope I have provided the PTE community.

Beechbrook.Com has not been cancelled. The service has only been temporary suspended to allow time to review the coding. This is continuing as we speak. Again, I apologize for the downtime.

Regards,

Bill

Bill:

Thanks for your e-mail note to let us know what is going on. As per my posting on the main PTE forum, bandwidth issues aside, as we have said in the past, you should not hesitate to charge a fixed fee for posting shows on your site.

There is no way you should be out of pocket for providing this great service for us all.

Hopefully for your sake (and ours too ;) ) you will resolve this soon.

Bill:

Thanks for your e-mail note to let us know what is going on. As per my posting on the main PTE forum, bandwidth issues aside, as we have said in the past, you should not hesitate to charge a fixed fee for posting shows on your site.

There is no way you should be out of pocket for providing this great service for us all.

Hopefully for your sake (and ours too ;) ) you will resolve this soon.

It's back! Yay!

Hip Hip Hooray for Bill Hines!

Isabel :D

Hi Bill,

It is good to know that Beechbrook.com is alive and well. Even I haven't been very active lately here, I can speak for myself, and probably for most of the pte users, that your generous contirbution to this PTE community is greatly appreciated. I believe that most of us will gladly provide some assistance to maintain the Beechbrook site. Please let know how can we help. Have a better 2004, Bill.