WnSoft Forums

Video Sound Editing

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

Like a kid with a new toy I can't help pressing the video record button on my FZ150. So the current shows I'm making have to contain video. The latest one is the local Salvation Army band giving a concert in our local Botanic Gardens. It has 4 clips. I also recorded the sound on my Olympus LS10. My first attempt was to take the track I liked most & split it between the video clips in Audacity, so that the main track played between the video sounds. Didn't like the result. So then I ditched the clip sounds & tried to use the track from the Olympus, however, trying to align the motion & sound was an horrendous task. So I ditched that idea. Finally I have used the original clip audio with a backing track from another source, faded in & out to match the video audio.

This is where the request comes from. It would be nice to be able to do a simple fade in & out of the video audio as can be done with the video pictures. The waveform doesn't show for the video, so I'm assuming this isn't another hidden function I haven't found. Please.

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

The reason I suggested it was the free editors I have tried will only save the edit in the format they want. Elements Premier I haven't tried to edit the video sound, & I assume it will allow more flexibility than the feebies. However the PTE editor is what I have started using now as it gives continuity to the PTE workflow & is simple to use once you have been shown how it works. It would be the icing on the cake to be able to edit the video sound in PTE. BTW ordered a Rycote windgag for the Olympus LS10, while on their site saw a gag for a bridge camera. Don't know if you looked at my Pano in Ken's Pano post, I was amazed that the sound level didn't vary as the camera was rotated 180 degrees. I've also bought the extension tube & close up lens shown in Graham Houghton's tutorials, haven't had chance to use them yet, waiting for the bees to come buzzin'.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tom

I did find another programme to do that but can't remember what it was, could have been Media Stripper? but my free period had expired. I've downloaded VLC & will have a look later. If I'm doing any static video (where I can sit in one spot), connecting the Olympus to the camera gives me two sources of the same sound track, the LS10 being a wav file so I can import it into Audacity & play with it to my hearts content, re syncing it back to the video is the problem, if there is a lot of action such as the two brass band concerts I've done it is a pain. It would be a doddle if the video sound could be edited in PTE. Thanks. Picture my wife took of me recording the local salvation Army band in our Botanical gardens last Sunday.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-36425900-1340265016_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

Thanks Tom

Hopefully my last purchase for the FZ150 arrived today, a video head for my Manfrotto tripod. Looks like moonsoons all weekend here so another band in the park on Sunday is very doubtful.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.