WnSoft Forums

How can I use captions in MTV?

yfchen88

I have finished a work with pictures and MP3s. I wish to add captions/subtitles on it likes movies or MTVs,but it cannot continues for over two pictures. One caption only can ues in one picture. If the next picture appear, the caption will disappear.

Is there an easy method to make captions/subtitles likes video editor program(e.g. Corel VideoStudio or CyberLink PowerDirector)?

Hi,

Assuming you mean for still images: The "Comments" tab of "Project Options" lets you do many things with captions. You can apply various "templates" or a single "caption" and apply to all by clicking on "Set for Existing Slides." In order to do this, the information must either be entered by you or available in EXIF or Metadata fields on your image.

For example, you could cause the file name or file name with extension, etc., to appear on each slide by choosing this and clicking on "Set for Existing Slides." The information you want to appear must either reside already in the file or be entered manually by the user.

As for applying captions to video, that is not a feature (video editing) of PTE. You can use normal text over your video and place it manually via keyframes at any point and control the duration, opacity, rotation on XYZ axis, etc., but PTE is not a video nor still image "editor."

Best regards,

Lin

I have finished a work with pictures and MP3s. I wish to add captions/subtitles on it likes movies or MTVs,but it cannot continues for over two pictures. One caption only can ues in one picture. If the next picture appear, the caption will disappear.

Is there an easy method to make captions/subtitles likes video editor program(e.g. Corel VideoStudio or CyberLink PowerDirector)?

To make a caption run over more than one slide, using the O&A screen create the text in the first slide as an object, position it correcetly, then select that text object copy it. Then move to the next slide and paste it. The text will appear in exactly the same position as it was in the first slide and can be faded, moved, etc or copied onto more slides.

Alan