WnSoft Forums

Windows 7 x64 bit system

tc_leeds

Hi,

Just as a further comment, I have tried to carry out the same exercise on my Windows Xp laptop and have the same problem. Pressing the button does not access the internet but there is no message re application and filename extension.

Is there some setting which may be preventing this action?

Tony

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Tony

I use W7 Professional SP1 64bit, never tried what you want to do, just set my practice show up to open the Inet with a button & it worked fine. Just paste the URL into the box for the file. Check the screen shot.

Yachtsman1

post-5560-0-51575300-1344182891_thumb.jp

Hi,

Problem solved! It was all to do with Internet Options and default programs. Internet Explorer was not selected and therefore could not open web page specified. Now working on both x32 bit and x64 bit systems.

Thanks to those currently wondering what the problem was.

Tony

Tony,

You never know which of the many browser's people are using these days that create situations like yours.

If Internet Explorer is not a users default browser ... its possible you may be able to command it to use your URL using the Run Application or Open File Action on Mouse Click. Of course filtering and other browser settings can further the problem.

Example command using Windows Internet Explorer with Wnsoft URL:

iexplore "www.wnsoft.com"

*also see attachment

post-45-0-44179300-1344202637_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for the post. I am hoping that by using either "Run application or open file" or the "Open web page" commands along with the appropriate web address e.g http://www.wnsoft.com will allow other users to access the linked files on the internet. I am putting together a disc for our local club with various bits and pieces including various links so I am hoping they will be able to visit the links directly.

All the best

TC

Tony,

A technique that I have used successfully is to create shortcuts to the various web pages, place these shortcuts in the same folder as the PTE sequence executable and call these shortcut files via "Run Application..."

regards,

Peter