WnSoft Forums

SCAM VIRUS WARNING?

David Porter

Several times recently when I have downloaded PTE Exe files from Mediafire I have received the attached virus warning purporting to come from MSE. On clicking the "Clean Computer" button a second window (2nd attachment) comes up apparently asking me to download something. As I have MSE installed I became suspicious and didn't download. I then scanned with MSE and another program I have and they found nothing. Any comments or advice?

1st attacment removed on advice of Cornflow

post-7412-0-39437300-1344332321_thumb.jp

<P>MICK<BR>i have had MY avg BRING UP THE the same alarm<BR>i close the alarm then go back to mediafire and get no alarm and continue with the download -- test it with avg and superspyware before opening<BR>Mediafire does run a known antivirus program -- will look it up</P>

<P>I DID A GOOGLE FOR THE ALARM WARNING AND THERE ARE A TON OF FIXES/ANSWERS<BR>SO imho it does not seem to matter what a/v you have installed<BR>ken </P>

Thanks Ken and Roger for confirming this is a scam. I had a confirmation from Mediafire that they are looking into it but I don't have a problem as Youtube demo in that it stops other programs working but it takes a bit of effort to delete it then everything is okay.