WnSoft Forums

Problem Burning DVD Disc in Ver 7.07 (Solved)

Guest Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

After burning literally a couple of thousand DVD's using PTE's video builder in past issues,yesterday using 7.07 I hit a snag. I wanted to let the author of the original material for my "Mary & Jeff's Russian Cruise" a copy of my version, I burned a DVD in my usual manner, the only change I made to the process was to add a title where the blue screen has the word TITLE. & the next page on the top box, added a title.

I then sat back & allowed the burn to run until the request to click to eject the disc. I couldn't test the DVD on my machine as I was recording a programme,so I took it to my friends flat who has a similar Panasonic flatscreen TV & DVD recorder. The DVD started to play & I was shocked to see the picture was in a black box, didn't fill thescreen.

This morning after completing part 2 of the Russian Cruise, I set about examining what had changed on version 7.07. I read the manual on the subject "TitledVersion 7.0" which doesn't tell me which version it was based on. I found various anomalies to what the manual said I should see, to what I actually saw during the set up process. After finding the flaw with the first DVD, I went into VB properties & made sure both aspect settings were 16-9, I think the first DVD was set at the default of 4-3 but can't prove it. I also changed a few other settings as per the manuals suggestions & started the VB process.

The first & second screens went through OK, however, on the Burn screen I got an error message I wasn't quick enough to capture before a second errormessage appeared, see vber1, I clicked on the Create ISO option which worked but where the ISO went gawd knows, it didn't ask me where to put it. I then ejected the disc which looked as though no burn attempt had been made. Re-read the manual, re-set the burn speed two speeds lower, 6 I think & changed the default to Auto to Progressive as suggested.

I then inserted the same disc as the first attempt, & set the process in motion. The disc burned successfully so I tried it in my DVD player, shucks it was the same, the picture was in a black box. I have included screenshots of all the processes I can think of plus a picture of the DVD on the TV screen.

Has anyone else got the same problem or can spot where I have gone wrong, or is this a bug.

Yachtsman1.

Due to restrictions in posting attachments, the following post has more screen shots.

post-5560-0-49340700-1350387995_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-57677700-1350388010_thumb.jp

post-5560-0-27417700-1350388034_thumb.jp

Guest Yachtsman1

You've lost me there Ken

By the way, I've just played the new DVD for my friend & noticed the opening blue screen with the title I added & the thumbnails of the first scenes shows full screen, the mind boggles :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: , the remainder is as the above.

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1.

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Ken, Does it play full screen, which version PTE? Which Windows? 64bit?

Regards Eric

Yachtsman1

PS just ran the video clip stripped from the original DVD in WMP, this also shows the picture in a black box, could it be that forcing PTE to do the same???

I DID NOT mention pte

i said

IN THE PAST

depending on software used i would have to use the remote control - push play and away it would go

this was before video builder came on the scene -- and the ordinary man had not heard of 64 bit )

what i was suggesting was to try clicking the item with the mouse or remote control -- got a remote control with a couple ATI all in wonder cards that i used on the old windows systems to do all the card functions

sorry to have misled you

ken

Guest Yachtsman1

This morning after not being able to establish if Video Builder in 7.5 is the same as 7.07, I went ahead & burned a DVD of my Russian Cruise part 3 to allow my friends to watch it on their TV. The previous defaults I'd set were still present & the DVD burned OK in about 10 minutes at 8x speed. (DVD-R 4.7 Disc). I played it on my TV set & the blue opening screen opened up full screen as presviously, (TV set to Auto aspect ratio) after pressing play the show opened with a black surround around the pictures as previous complaint & the titles added during the compilation, when placed to the right of centre, were disappearing off the screen. I then changed the aspect ratio on the TV from Auto to zoom 1 which gave a square squashed image surrounded by a black box. I then tried zoom 2 & the screen filled with the show, however the titles were even further off the screen. Conclusion, there is something wrong with video builder in 7.07 & if it isn't corrected before 7.5 is finalised, will be carried over.

Yachtsman1

Eric,

PS just ran the video clip stripped from the original DVD in WMP, this also shows the picture in a black box, could it be that forcing PTE to do the same???

If you are trying to play a 4:3 ratio video in a 16:9 frameset you will end up with a picture in a black box

* What is the aspect ratio of the ripped video from DVD ?

* Does a EXE build version display show correctly ?

Guest Yachtsman1

Hi Stu

What you have picked up on is not the main problem. The main problem is when a DVD is burned from a 7.07 PTE 16-9 aspect ratio show, that appears in a black box on the TV screen, see the screen shots from earlier posts. The issue you mention about videos stripped from older DVD's is a separate issue where to get over the black box syndrome I zoomed them in to fill the screen in PTE, it reduces the quality but gets over the issue.

Regards Eric.

Yachtsman1

Guest Yachtsman1

I feel pretty chuffed at finally discovering what was causing the problem of incorrectly sized images in 7.07 when burning to DVD. When creating a show, I always tick the "Fix Size of Slide in Pixels" box when preparing the "template". On episode 5 of my "Russian cruise" shows I decided to un-tick the "FSOSIP" box before burning the DVD, low & behold, the resuting DVD is correctly sized. So my advise is, creating an Exe tick "FSOSIP" box, when creating a DVD, un-tick "FSOSIP". Maybe this should be added to the FAQ's section? :unsure: How this applies to the other creation formats I'm not sure, we are off on hols tomorrow, so haven't time to try. B)

Yachtsman1.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Yachtsman1

Have a problem with 7.0.7 deluxe. Everything is looks and runs great then I burn a DVD and put it in my DVDplayer and I can hardly tell whos, whos because the res is so low and I am using high res images. Can anybody help?

The best thing to do is to give us a blow by blow account of the proceedure you used. That way we can eliminate your problems, hopefully. :blink:

Yachtsman1

The best thing to do is to give us a blow by blow account of the proceedure you used. That way we can eliminate your problems, hopefully. :blink:

Yachtsman1

Not sure were to begin, in project options screen tab unsharp mask:static 70, Mode: fullscreen, Size of slide 2400x2400, fixed size of slide is checked,use hardware acceleration(dx9), then I publish it DVD video disc, and burn disc.

Guest Yachtsman1

Not really, suggest you do a PTE search with the words "Burning Problems" in the search box & read through posts in the results for the last month. I assume have read the PTE manual for 7.07 on the burning DVD section?

Yachtsman1

PS There is quite a comprehensive thread on the subject from me, can't look for it at present, halfway through watching a recording of this afternoons exciting GP. try the suggestions & I'll check back later.

Yachtsman1.

I researched what you told me to and found that a lot of people are using deferent software to burn or convert the flies. All I use is PTE to do it all would that be the problem? It goes all the way through and burns the DVD through the PTE software. Am I suppose to do the AVI first then burn on another software?