WnSoft Forums

Standard vs Deluxe?

Gnurra

The De Luxe product key unlocks another part of PTE to allow the making of DVDs for showing on TV sets. The Standard program contains the full program to make slide shows for showing on a computer and through a digital data projector.

The Standard program is a one-time purchase with free upgrades for life, the Deluxe needs re-purchasing whenever an upgrade happens the the Standard program.

The Standard version of PicturesToExe no longer exists as a seperate product. The only version available is the Deluxe version. Those users who purchased the Standard version in the past can, I believe, upgrade to the latest Deluxe version via the www.wnsoft.com website. The following text is taken from the Licence Terms and Conditions for v7.0 (the latest version):

"7. UPGRADE POLICY

When you buy a license for this product, you will get minor updates and bug fixes for free. Minor updates are updates of which the first version number has not changed. So if you buy license for version 7.x.x, you can upgrade to any other version 7.x.x free of charge."

The major difference between the two versions when they did both exist was that the Deluxe version included all the VideoBuilder features. With Standard version you could create EXE files, Screensavers and an AVI video stream. With the Deluxe version you also had VideoBuilder (many different video output formats) and the ability to create files that would run on Macs, iPads, iPhones, etc.

Now you get all the features in the one product.

regards,

Peter

Guest Yachtsman1

Not quite correct there. The standard version has free upgrades for the forseeable future, or until the developers change the conditions, de-lux version includes the standard version features plus a two year licence on the De-luxe section. If any upgrades to the De-lux version happen during that two year licenced period they are free.

Regards eric

Yachtsman1. :unsure::blink:

PETER THIS REFERRED TO THE FIRST ANSWER, WE MUST HAVE BEEN WRITING AT THE SAME TIME. :ph34r:

Since the posts from cjdnzl and yachtsman1 contain slightly differing opinions, let me try and clarify the situation:

The only product available for purchase by new users is PicturesToExe Deluxe. The current version available for download from the Wnsoft website is v7.0.7. This product contains all the function and features and is subject to the Upgrade policy I quoted in my previous post.

The Standard Edition was a product that was available for purchase in the past but has now been withdrawn from the market. Those users who purchased it can continue to use the function which it contained and can upgrade that function to the latest version of PTE free of charge. Note: That upgrade will not add any of the new functions that formed part of the Deluxe version.

Those users who purchased the old Deluxe edition, which did indeed have a two-year licence, have two options:

a.) continue to use that installed version at the end of its licence term. It will continue to work on that operating system (but not necessarily on future operating systems).

b.) purchase an upgrade to the latest Deluxe version which will then be subject to the Upgrade Policy I quoted in my previous post.

The functional differences between the old Standard edition and the old Deluxe edition were summarized in my previous post.

The licence arrangements had to be changed in order to protect Wnsoft's revenue stream.

regards,

Peter

Alright! :) I did buy PicturesToExe in the past, I think it was around 4.0 or 5.0, so that would be the standard edition with lifetime upgrades then. So if I understand this correctly, as of today, the only difference form standard edition is the ability to save slideshows in different quality and videoformats other than avi?

There has been a huge amount of new function added to PTE since v4 and v5; 2D and 3D animation, the ability to include video clips as well as still images, to name just a few. As I have kept pace with the new versions, I cannot now recall what function came with which release. v7.0 of PTE is a totally different animal to v5.0. I suggest you download from the website and investigate for yourself.

regards,

Peter

I know I know :) I'm actually using PTE 7.5 beta now. I've been upgrading to new versions now and then along the way since 4.0, but since deluxe version came out I haven't seen any info on specific differences on wnsoft.com. So I was just unsure if I missed out on any major functionality by not upgrading to deluxe. :)

Guest Yachtsman1

I know I know :) I'm actually using PTE 7.5 beta now. I've been upgrading to new versions now and then along the way since 4.0, but since deluxe version came out I haven't seen any info on specific differences on wnsoft.com. So I was just unsure if I missed out on any major functionality by not upgrading to deluxe. :)

Check this screenshot, now check your version using the Publish button, the differences you see if you have the standard version they can't be actioned, if your de-lux version is still active, you can action them, but it sounds doubtful if you bought V4.

Yachtsman1.

post-5560-0-98458600-1350668652_thumb.jp